Brake Mount Kits

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2018 11:19 AM

I see so many brake mount kits varying in price. Aren’t they universal with different brand frames with removable brake mounts?

|

3/19/2018 11:57 AM

There's 3 common different types, although the neal wood are becoming the most common. Chances are a few brands have tried there own, so there might be loads out there.

|

3/19/2018 12:00 PM

Photo

Photo
Turns out there's even more. I've seen some that have a grub screw to help hold them in place, and I'm fairly certain the fly ones are different from all of these?
|

3/19/2018 12:22 PM

Yeah, I know there a lots out there. The "Neal Wood" versions are also knows as "S&M brake mount kit" aka "FIT brake mount kit, aka "BSD brake mount kit" .... etc...

|

3/19/2018 1:07 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, I know there a lots out there. The "Neal Wood" versions are also knows as "S&M brake mount kit" aka "FIT brake mount kit, aka "BSD brake mount kit" .... etc...

I can attest to this! Just had to buy one and it worked!

I like sundays mounts personally.

|

3/19/2018 1:08 PM

Wow there’s a lot of different ones! Thanks for clearing it up guys! smile

|

3/19/2018 1:32 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Invented by neal wood who used to race for s&m, then became their product designer, and now works for cult. As I said, they've become the most popular, but there's still different types

|

3/20/2018 9:04 AM

i miss welded on brakes

|

It’s all bmx

3/20/2018 9:10 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

i miss welded on brakes

Why's that?

|

3/20/2018 10:15 AM

grumpySteve wrote: Photo

Photo
Turns out there's even more. I've seen some that have a grub screw to help hold them in place, and I'm fairly certain the fly ones are different from all of these?

Yes fly use EBS brake hardware £40 for the set!

|

Hmmm

3/20/2018 10:16 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

i miss welded on brakes

Buy a frame with welded mounts :b

Mishinn, generally they work better with less flex and loosening issues. Plus if you have welded chainstay mounts you get more clearance compared to removable chainstay mounts

|

3/26/2018 12:05 AM

There's a 6mm through-bolt, then an 8mm and a 10mm that both use a seperate bolt for the brake arm. Most frames have flat bosses on the frame, the little fishmouth pieces are just for looks on MOST kits, but some frames do need them (if the boss on the seat stay isn't flat.)

|

In midschool bike rides you.

3/26/2018 12:46 AM

New United frame looks really good and comes with welded lugs.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/27/2018 7:06 PM

grumpySteve wrote: Photo

Photo

I have broach mounts on my frame and if you don't red loctite them you are wasting your time. Sunday's are the best looking mounts in my opinion however the Neal wood option is structurally the strongest option. Seriously makes you wonder why not everyone is using Neal wood nowadays. Mine is B in the second photo and they are the worst if you don't red loctite them, because they don't have anything to grab on to when you are adjusting your brakes.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican