Brake cable friction

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2018 7:54 PM

So it's not that big of a deal because I run a straight cable and can set up brakes fine but I was jw if and what y'all use to lube your brake line? I've never really given a damn before but I used triflow once when I was at the lbs and recently dropped some bones speed cream down the line because it seemed like the same consistency as triflow. Didn't notice that much of a difference though so is there something that works miracles I've never heard of? Ha

|

@coupd_tat

3/26/2018 10:14 AM

It's just lube. As long as it's not too thick & doesn't gunk up the cable, it should work fine.

That being said, some liquid lubes wash out easier than others, so I think the difference in quality determines how long until the next time it needs lube.

When I ran brakes, i ran Tree SB Power Cables because they have Teflon inside the cable to keep them pulling smooth. That + some wax chain lube worked wonders.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/26/2018 6:57 PM

Yah after a few days of having speed cream in there they've started to gum up.. Shouldn't have fucked with it

|

@coupd_tat

3/27/2018 5:51 AM

Grease the inner wire when I install it into the housing, then I spray Bike Aid down the housing periodically when it starts to feel rough.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/27/2018 8:14 AM

rifle/gun oil....i drip it in the housing until it comes out the other end. brakes like butter

|

It’s all bmx

3/27/2018 8:20 AM

This is gonna be kind of cringe but I don't even bother lubing my cables lol. My gyro cables run silky smooth without any lube. I do take the time to lube my front brake cable every once in a while but they have to bend at a weird angle because of my forks so they rub on the walls all the time.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican