Brake clearance

Related:
Create New Tag

8/20/2013 3:47 PM

Finally got my brakes on my tempered frame and my Springfields scrape the tire. I know I can just buy a smaller tire but I'm getting tired of the Springfields anyway. So, what are some brakes with good tire clearance? Photo

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

8/20/2013 3:57 PM

Just get a smaller tire?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/20/2013 4:08 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Just get a smaller tire?

Nah. I just realized I can add a link to my chain. But still, what are some brakes with good clearance?

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

8/20/2013 4:39 PM

Most brakes ivenfound struggle to clear a 2.25 aitken. Your prettymuch stuck with getting a smaller tire

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/20/2013 5:23 PM

my evo 2's clear my tww 2.2 and it inflates to 2.32

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/20/2013 6:05 PM

Gump wrote:

Most brakes ivenfound struggle to clear a 2.25 aitken. Your prettymuch stuck with getting a smaller tire

My flys and my diatechs have a ton of room on my momentums.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/20/2013 6:22 PM

Springfields have the biggest clearance ive seen. Actually my tektros were paper thin and were a little more clearance.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/20/2013 6:39 PM

Mission(kinks part company) has the Reflex brake that looks like it has a shit ton of clearance they put them on completes with 2.35 Kenda Kontacts.

When i had evos II they didn't have that great of clearance had to shave them for my 2.25 FAF's.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/21/2013 2:03 AM

i ride Atkins 2.25 with Springfield brakes and there heap of clearance just make your chain longer

|

ride or die

8/21/2013 3:19 AM

How you like the Surefire frame? I have it in 21.5, havent seen many else with it. This frame is so nice..Sucks there hasnt been much of any new Tempered stuff being released.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/21/2013 3:47 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Just get a smaller tire?

ii Krxfted wrote:

Nah. I just realized I can add a link to my chain. But still, what are some brakes with good clearance?

My Tektro 905's clear my 2.2 tyre well. Try them, not the best brakes but they work.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle