Brake(less)?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2013 6:42 PM

What is your opinion on brakes or brakeless? Post your brake setups and your opinion on gyro, single cable or no brakes at all.

|

My AWESOME Bike Check!!!

"I ride a little kid’s bike every day and would not want to do anything else with my time" -Aaron Ross

"keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars” -Brian Kachinsky

6/16/2013 6:51 PM

When i have rode brakes i always would only ride single cable but that was only so i could learn fufno's then i took them off and continued riding brakeless. my idea is always go brakeless it just feels nicer for me knowing that i will always have to just go for it and fully commit. smile

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/16/2013 7:49 PM

being breakless prevents wussying off

|

COLOMBIAN BMX BABY

BIKE CHECK

6/16/2013 9:01 PM

Sonicsanti wrote:

being breakless prevents wussying off

Every time I hear someone say this, I want to punt babies.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/16/2013 9:13 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Every time I hear someone say this, I want to punt babies.

Same haha

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/16/2013 9:17 PM

Yeah brakes don't prevent you from doing shit except fucking up your shoes. I ride brakeless and I'm gonna put brakes on my 06 bike, it's personal preference and I don't see why it's a huge discussion all the time lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/16/2013 9:34 PM

I'd actually ride brakes if it was my style. I was probably the only younger rider back when I still had them, to take them off ONLY cause my cable snapped and not to be trendy. It's not my style though, that and when I used to ride brakes I'd somehow slice my knuckles on the brake lever occasionally

|

6/16/2013 9:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2014 10:26 PM

n/a

|

6/16/2013 9:41 PM

To be honest, I've just gotten used to riding brakeless. My bike didn't come with brakes and I never got money to put them on, I'm too lazy to adjust them etc.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/17/2013 12:08 PM

Shits way overhyped to ride brakeless.....if you actually have bike control you can pull it off......but all these newbs who buy bikes and take their brakes off first thing are retarded.......id like to see them take brakes out of a car and go for a drive and see how well that works out for them

|

6/17/2013 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2013 12:14 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

n/a

This guy^

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/17/2013 12:49 PM

brakeless, I rode brakes at first, but I hate tailwhips and barspins with brakes and brakeless looks so much nicer. And brakes ruin your rims over time.
Go brakeless or go home.
Anyone who says they ride brakeless cause they won't be able to pussy out of things is lying, you can just as easily pussy out from jumping some stairs or something by putting your foot in your back tire, its just not as convenient as brakes.

|

6/17/2013 12:56 PM

sk8termatt wrote:

brakeless, I rode brakes at first, but I hate tailwhips and barspins with brakes and brakeless looks so much nicer. And brakes ruin your rims over time.
Go brakeless or go home.
Anyone who says they ride brakeless cause they won't be able to pussy out of things is lying, you can just as easily pussy out from jumping some stairs or something by putting your foot in your back tire, its just not as convenient as brakes.

I ride Brakeless but i'd much rather be able to Pussy out... because if you arent ready then you are just gonna end up busting your ass

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/17/2013 1:00 PM

brakeless, just how i wanted it as it's my opinion

|

Bruh

6/17/2013 1:04 PM

sk8termatt wrote:

Go brakeless or go home.

Chrisaustin wrote:

I ride Brakeless but i'd much rather be able to Pussy out... because if you arent ready then you are just gonna end up busting your ass

you can still pussy out:
put your foot in back tire
jump off your bike (as long as your not going too fast)

ya sometimes I wish I could still have brakes cause they can be helpful, I think once I start doing more extreme tricks I'll get a gyro or something

|

6/17/2013 1:06 PM

i rode brakes for a year before i took them off. you need to learn bike control first,

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/17/2013 1:07 PM

I wonder how many kids on this site dont even know what a fufanu or an abubaca is........i bet a few......probably the ones that think rock walks are g turns

|

6/17/2013 1:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I wonder how many kids on this site dont even know what a fufanu or an abubaca is........i bet a few......probably the ones that think rock walks are g turns

or a lawnmower.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/17/2013 1:12 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i rode brakes for a year before i took them off. you need to learn bike control first,

I agree

|

6/17/2013 1:13 PM

brakeless. but i can tiretap, abubaca, & lawnmower brakeless. and i have bike control. oh and you can pussy out just as easy with or without brakes

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/17/2013 1:28 PM

sk8termatt wrote:

Go brakeless or go home.

Chrisaustin wrote:

sk8termatt wrote:

you can still pussy out:
put your foot in back tire
jump off your bike (as long as your not going too fast)

ya sometimes I wish I could still have brakes cause they can be helpful, I think once I start doing more extreme tricks I'll get a gyro or something

Oh i know, i wouldnt of taken the brakes off unless i knew how to stop.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/17/2013 2:29 PM

i prefer brakeless, less weight, cleaner look, increase your bike control skills, learn tricks that dont require braking..... overall it just feels better w/o them

|

jimmyi.salcedo@yahoo.com
txt: 3233816668
ride.get high, fuck and die

6/17/2013 2:36 PM

I ride brakes but my brakes fucked up a while back and ain't got $$ to fix em so I just left them on and I stop somehow..... Don't really pay attention to how I stop

|

6/17/2013 3:11 PM

Brakes wreck your rim and I hate working on them/adjusting them. I rode for a month trying to focus on not using my brakes and i realized i could do it so I took them off and never looked back

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

6/17/2013 6:15 PM

Depends on my mood. I'll throw my straight cable on for awhile then i'll go brakeless for months, just whatever feels right at the time.

|

6/17/2013 8:08 PM

I put brakes on after I almost died without them. but now that they're on, I like brakes way better than brakeless.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/17/2013 8:18 PM

brakeless since 1998. I don't see a reason to start now.

|

6/17/2013 8:49 PM

i started with brakes but then the shitty stock cable snapped and i didnt have the money to replace it

|

6/17/2013 8:51 PM

I ride front brakes for stopping and for nosepick swag. Also because they look cleaner and feel cleaner than rear brakes.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/17/2013 11:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2013 11:04 PM

I ride Brakes, in fact both Brakes. I like doing Nosepicks, Fufanus, Abubacas etc. I don't mind what other people ride, it's all personal preference. What I do hate is Narrow minded people; Brakeless people who think Brakes are stupid and everyone should ride Brakeless, and vice versa. And people that think going Brakeless will automatically make them a better rider. Or those who simply can't bother to simply learn how to fix them. Or people that ride Brakes/Brakeless because there favourite rider does. Or people that see me do Front or Rear Brake tricks and say that it's easy or it doesn't count because I used my Brake.

|