Brake pad help?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 11:56 AM

Sorry for so many posts! Trying to fill out an order.
Wellp, heres my problem. Ive always had great luck with clears, but I live in a town full of gravel and dirt now, so my pads get dirty quick and barely work.
Would Salmon or Dual compounds work better in terms of locking up the wheel for tricks and keeping their braking power even when just a tad bit dusty/dirty?
The pads im referring to are Koolstop Eagle 2 Salmon/Dual and Koolstop BMX Dual compound
i currently have Odyssey clears (4x4? I think? Stock Evo 2 ones.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/2/2014 11:58 AM

Also, I don't care for squeakiness
I have a powdercoated rim but the sidewall is already raw from brakes

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/2/2014 12:24 PM

They have a tad less braking power than clear but they stay more consistent in my experience.

I prefer clears though, I just clean them on occasion.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/2/2014 12:29 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

They have a tad less braking power than clear but they stay more consistent in my experience.

I prefer clears though, I just clean them on occasion.

Well I literally scrub my rim and pads for 30mins before each sesh, and an hour into my ride they quit working. My clear Koolstop Supra 2s were the same way aswell so its not the pad. I toe them properly and have everything set up correctly, and when I go to the skatepark they work all day. But I practically have to ride brakeless riding street where im at.

|

1/2/2014 1:31 PM

Bump. Really need to know if I should try some new pads out and which ones.

|