Brake post mount help needed

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2016 8:21 AM

Photo

As you can see above I have the old style of brake mounts. I just bought the bike used and it is an older kink tocco frame with removable brakes. I have odyssey evo II brakes that came with The bike but with the wrong posts. Anyone know what I need to go out and buy? The LBS didn't have anything similar to what I need. Thanks in advance
Photo

|

7/27/2016 10:58 AM

The frame needs posts that thread in, and the brake bolts thread into that.

Email Kink and see what they can do for you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/27/2016 1:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The frame needs posts that thread in, and the brake bolts thread into that.

Email Kink and see what they can do for you.

Do you know how kink is with that kinda stuff?

|

7/27/2016 2:12 PM

Looks like my t1 Rubén mounts. Which is a fly design maybe check out the posts on their website

|

7/27/2016 2:22 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Looks like my t1 Rubén mounts. Which is a fly design maybe check out the posts on their website

Yeah they look like that would work but I have no idea what thread size I would need. I tried it out with an m8 fine pitch and m8 coarse pitch thread and neither of them fit so I'm wondering if it would be a special bike part thread only. I've tried looking at descriptions of removable brake post kits and none mention the thread size, only that it fits certain bikes (mine is mentioned in none of them) so I'm really stuck here. Contacted kink Bmx earlier and still no word back

|