Brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2011 12:45 AM

just wondering
how many of you guys are actually legit brakeless
as in you actually have really good bike control
and what are some ways to stop brakeless?

today the round circle thing fell off my brake cable and i had to ride brakeless from the park home
i am horrible without brakes
a majority of the time i had my foot jammed in my back wheel
i almost smashed into two ladies who i think didnt speak english
i almost fell into a manhole
i almost got hit by a car
and i almost smashed into a building

sideways

|

6/2/2011 12:57 AM

you get used to it but i was brakeless for about 2 months i liked it but ripped a whole in my new shoes so but a brake back on smile

|

just do it!

6/2/2011 1:26 AM

I used to ride brakeless and was pretty good at stopping and control and everything, but i love my brakes!

|

6/2/2011 1:52 AM

I just jam my foot in my tyre, and slow down on a run by doing that whipping out thing that you have probably seen

|

6/2/2011 2:50 AM

My brakes are broken atm, need to get new ones, but am going to try brakeless for a bit. I won't care with riding at pars street n stuff. But riding to skateparks and too plaaces and having to go down hills without brakes, err i really hate it lol

|

I asked God for a bike.
But I know God doesn't work that way.
So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

6/2/2011 2:56 AM

Most of my bikes have been brakeless, there are a few ways i stop these days.
If i know i need to slow down soon i'll just stop pedalling until i get slow enough to just put my foot down where i need to stop.
If a car comes out of an alley way and i don't have much time to react i'll shove my foot in the rear wheel just near the seat to the point where the wheel locks up.
If i am just going a bit fast and need to stop in no rush i will put my foot in front of my forks on the tyre like a Vader Jam and that works well and looks pretty mad too!
And then if you feel like looking like a tard just jump off ya bike and then hold your bars and lift your front wheel up, works really well if you need to stop fast!

|

6/2/2011 3:24 AM

I'm breakless have good bike control.Swing out the rear, put your foot down, jam for foot in your rear tire. I lean and hit my heel on the ground if I need to slow down for a trick, by slide my whole tire when I'm going fast.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/2/2011 3:46 AM

you get used to it bro, if you're going down a hill and wanna slow down, hop to the side where grass is, always gradually slows you down.

|

6/2/2011 4:45 AM

slide yer back tire against the ground to slow yer self down, i find it way better then messing up your shoes.

|

"I'd rather grind a rail then be in heaven" ~ Garrett Reynolds!
text ~ 269-262-8763
Refs:
]3ig-]2ob-352, Harry95, Abod, legendsx23, fitbike7447, iridebmxerveryday(x3),
TheKinker2010, Billizle, dave805, RedCrayon, dk disaster.

6/2/2011 5:09 AM

why would you wanna stop?

|

6/2/2011 9:25 AM

Obama wrote:

^THIS!!^

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/2/2011 9:32 AM

im brakeless and have been riding bikes since i was a kid and have good control of my bicyclemachine, to stop i drag my feet (death) plant my feet, plant feet and pushy bike out or kid out me back end and skidddddy its like the funnest :D

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

6/2/2011 10:21 AM

I have great bike control and ive been brakeless for like 6 months i just slam my feet on the ground...i wear wal-mart shoes so i can spend about $40/year in shoes (shoes last me at least 6months to a year)

|

i ride a haro, 2 pegs, and big bars...gotta problem?
i spin left w/ right foot forward and pegs on the right sillysillysillywink

PSN: AxBlunt-_FOrc3xA or Marinesniper696

6/2/2011 10:27 AM

Obama wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

^THIS!!^

!THAT! i just run past cars, dodge peds, and haul ass on everything,

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

6/2/2011 10:34 AM

ive been brakeless for a while, and for me the best way to stop is to put your feet down, its the least amount of wear on your shoes. i only put my foot in my tire if its an emergency, and usually do kickouts if i want to slow down but not stop.

i never used my brakes to control my bike even when i had them, it was all about stopping the bike for me.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

6/2/2011 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2011 10:49 AM

Obama wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

^THIS!!^

cardambass wrote:

This. when there's cars and you THINK you need to stop just go real fast before they can go. the only time i even use my feet is to slow down i put it in the back wheel just enough to slow me down a bit.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/2/2011 11:15 AM

I've been riding brakeless for about 4-5 months now. I usually slide my back tire out to slow down, its the equivalent to tapping your brakes, but way more fun. The harder you kick it out the more it will slow you down.
After that I put my feet down.
But a lot of the time I just put my foot in my back tire. If you jam it hard enough you can skid.
There's also another way to stop where you put your back foot down, lean forward a tiny bit and throw your back end out like a tire slide, it will pretty much complete stop you.

Once you get the hang of all those being brakeless isn't much harder than brakes. Good luck man.

|

6/2/2011 11:18 AM

If I'm hauling ass at an intersection I just turn the opposite way the car is going and dodge it. But the main way I stop is just to stop pedaling and put ya god damn feet down.

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

6/2/2011 12:09 PM

I ride break less its so easy. But with shoes instead of using my foot i do slides. i mainly ride dirt so if i need to stop i just do that and i stop fast

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

6/2/2011 12:43 PM

never had brakes.
I just skid or jump of my bike, its not harder than that.
Youll get used to it eventually but the key is to plan your riding. Dont go full speed if you know there is a cross section around the corner.

|

6/2/2011 2:59 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

^THIS!!^

cardambass wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

This. when there's cars and you THINK you need to stop just go real fast before they can go. the only time i even use my feet ...more

oh never thought of that LOL
but i dont really like being seen as a nuisance you know?
i already get threatened and insulted from people in their cars and it gets annoying

|

6/2/2011 3:03 PM

aznsbmx? wrote:

you get used to it bro, if you're going down a hill and wanna slow down, hop to the side where grass is, always gradually ...more

ha theres not much grass at the route i take
in the cbd area of bankstown there sidewalks are made of tiles so it's almost like skatepark surface
after i clear te cbd area i gotta ride along a main road to get home
theres grass there but theres all glass and shit hidden in it

i have decided to put on my stock front brake until i replace my rear cables
i think i'll try to not use them much though

|

6/2/2011 3:08 PM

i do this thing where I put one foot down then kick my bike out sideways with the other or sometimes just slide the back tire out without taking my feet off

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

6/2/2011 3:33 PM

brakeless for 3 years

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/2/2011 3:54 PM

sit on your seat and put your feet down but do a running type thing to limit wear if you understand what i mean

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/2/2011 3:56 PM

if your a good brakeless rider you learn to not even have to put your feet down or in your tire, the only time my feet come off is when i want to stop relatively fast, and instead of just dragging my feet and fucking up my shoes like 99% of people, i just stomp my feet instead of dragging them, you stop faster and it doesn't ruin shoes

|

6/2/2011 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2011 4:44 PM

I started riding brakeless a week or two after i bought my bike and the way i stop is by jamming my foot in the back wheel, kind of whip out my back tire so it slide's across the ground making me loose momentum, and if i'm stopping at a stop light i usually sit down and drag my feet across the ground. As soon as i took off my brakes it felt like i grew wings of freedom when riding my bike.

|

6/2/2011 6:13 PM

cardambass wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

This. when there's cars and you THINK you need to stop just go real fast before they can go. the only time i even use my feet ...more

brianoob wrote:

oh never thought of that LOL
but i dont really like being seen as a nuisance you know?
i already get threatened and insulted ...more

That's why you only do it when you're a good distance away from home. That way, you'll probably never see the person again, or at least they won't remember you when you do it again.

|

6/2/2011 6:27 PM

future FBM wrote:

sit on your seat and put your feet down but do a running type thing to limit wear if you understand what i mean

this. everyone makes fun of me because i stomp or whatever, but my shoes last forever.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

6/2/2011 6:32 PM

future FBM wrote:

carjakester wrote:

this. everyone makes fun of me because i stomp or whatever, but my shoes last forever.

i stomp too, my nikes have lasted 2 years brakeless

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder