Brakeless

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2014 6:59 AM

I know no one really cares, but I decided to have a little different of a session last night and went brakeless, and it was a good time.

Hit the ledges more, and actually did more other stuff than I typically did with brakes.

Here's a shot a guy took of me just carving a vert wall. He took a bunch more too, just hasn't uploaded those yet. (My bike looks tiny in it haha, it's a normal sized bike btw)

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/3/2014 7:14 AM

I'd love to see you try to pedal while sitting down.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/3/2014 7:24 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I think it's just the shot from below that makes him look bigger than he actually is.

Good stuff though, I can relate with how you feel about riding brake less, I see it as being more simple and less distracting, I know some won't agree with me but I find brake levers annoying.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

1/3/2014 9:25 AM

I've always said that riding brakeless improves your riding somewhat. Not forever, but it often teaches people more control, especially with riding street.
I'd probably run brakes again tho if i wasnt too lazy (lol) and i hate brake levers. But it is kinda good as a new skill to learn or somethin. sweet

|

Insta: @devicacy

1/3/2014 9:37 AM

I was about to say it looks like you're on a 16" haha. Nice carvage though

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/3/2014 2:33 PM

unrestricted and out of control! feels good doesn't it?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/4/2014 12:04 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

andyferly wrote:

I think it's just the shot from below that makes him look bigger than he actually is.

Good stuff though, I can relate with how you feel about riding brake less, I see it as being more simple and less distracting, I know some won't agree with me but I find brake levers annoying.

It is.

I have more shots now.

And to those thinking this is my first go brakeless, not even close. I have been brakeless off and on for the last 14 years. This is the first time in a couple years now is all, and the first session at this lil park.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/4/2014 12:07 PM

dat concentration face :D

|

Bruh

1/4/2014 12:28 PM

Yo sick man ! Great shots. It generally looks like you're having fun , which it's all about ! Me being a teen, the whole brakeless thing is just a norm. , but I'm sure if you take them off after having brakes on for years you'd feel pretty weird haha !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/4/2014 1:38 PM

Awesome!
(Haven't ridden brake less yet... Still getting used to riding with one brake)

|

1/4/2014 1:47 PM

i never had brakes on my bmx, never will

|

1/4/2014 2:48 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

I've always said that riding brakeless improves your riding somewhat. Not forever, but it often teaches people more control, especially with riding street.
I'd probably run brakes again tho if i wasnt too lazy (lol) and i hate brake levers. But it is kinda good as a new skill to learn or somethin. sweet

I could see how it forces more control... idk id go back to brakes... whenever ive been brakeless its because mine broke and I was broke lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/4/2014 4:17 PM

I'm about to go brakeless, what is it like? I rely alot on my brakes.

|

1/4/2014 4:40 PM

daaaaaaym nice

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/5/2014 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 7:23 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

If you do, tinker around a bit first.

The best thing I can say if you are considering it is try a session without using your brakes.

If you are new to riding, KEEP THEM ON.

AGAIN, I HAVE BEEN BRAKELESS BEFORE. I just haven't in a long time, and felt like trying something different. Soon enough I will have a front brake on, and maybe my coaster for something different.

I did a brakeless session at this park a year ago and it felt really squirrelly. This time it was not too bad. I think I will keep em off for a while.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/5/2014 8:57 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Try a session without using the brakes(still having them on), and braking with your feet.

|