Related:
Create New Tag
dave lawrence dave lawrence
1/3/2014 6:59 AM

I know no one really cares, but I decided to have a little different of a session last night and went brakeless, and it was a good time.

Hit the ledges more, and actually did more other stuff than I typically did with brakes.

Here's a shot a guy took of me just carving a vert wall. He took a bunch more too, just hasn't uploaded those yet. (My bike looks tiny in it haha, it's a normal sized bike btw)

Photo

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
1/3/2014 7:14 AM

I'd love to see you try to pedal while sitting down.

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

andyferly andyferly
1/3/2014 7:24 AM
blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I'd love to see you try to ...more

I think it's just the shot from below that makes him look bigger than he actually is.

Good stuff though, I can relate with how you feel about riding brake less, I see it as being more simple and less distracting, I know some won't agree with me but I find brake levers annoying.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

realityisajoke realityisajoke
1/3/2014 9:25 AM

I've always said that riding brakeless improves your riding somewhat. Not forever, but it often teaches people more control, especially with riding street.
I'd probably run brakes again tho if i wasnt too lazy (lol) and i hate brake levers. But it is kinda good as a new skill to learn or somethin. sweet

Insta: @devicacy

Collin_McClenahan Collin_McClenahan
1/3/2014 9:37 AM

I was about to say it looks like you're on a 16" haha. Nice carvage though

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

BMXism BMXism
1/3/2014 2:33 PM

unrestricted and out of control! feels good doesn't it?

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/4/2014 12:04 PM
blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I'd love to see you try to ...more

andyferly wrote:

I think it's just the shot ...more

It is.

I have more shots now.

And to those thinking this is my first go brakeless, not even close. I have been brakeless off and on for the last 14 years. This is the first time in a couple years now is all, and the first session at this lil park.

Photo

Photo

Photo

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Zach P-D Zach P-D
1/4/2014 12:07 PM

dat concentration face :D

Bruh

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
1/4/2014 12:28 PM

Yo sick man ! Great shots. It generally looks like you're having fun , which it's all about ! Me being a teen, the whole brakeless thing is just a norm. , but I'm sure if you take them off after having brakes on for years you'd feel pretty weird haha !

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Underground Underground
1/4/2014 1:38 PM

Awesome!
(Haven't ridden brake less yet... Still getting used to riding with one brake)

ultrasonic ultrasonic
1/4/2014 1:47 PM

i never had brakes on my bmx, never will

sketchytravis sketchytravis
1/4/2014 2:48 PM
realityisajoke wrote:

I've always said that ...more

I could see how it forces more control... idk id go back to brakes... whenever ive been brakeless its because mine broke and I was broke lol

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

biggybuggy biggybuggy
1/4/2014 4:17 PM

I'm about to go brakeless, what is it like? I rely alot on my brakes.

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
1/4/2014 4:40 PM

daaaaaaym nice

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/5/2014 7:22 AM
biggybuggy wrote:

I'm about to go brakeless, ...more

If you do, tinker around a bit first.

The best thing I can say if you are considering it is try a session without using your brakes.

If you are new to riding, KEEP THEM ON.

AGAIN, I HAVE BEEN BRAKELESS BEFORE. I just haven't in a long time, and felt like trying something different. Soon enough I will have a front brake on, and maybe my coaster for something different.

I did a brakeless session at this park a year ago and it felt really squirrelly. This time it was not too bad. I think I will keep em off for a while.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Cmxx Cmxx
1/5/2014 8:57 AM
biggybuggy wrote:

I'm about to go brakeless, ...more

Try a session without using the brakes(still having them on), and braking with your feet.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP