Brakes...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2013 4:59 PM

Alright, I just got my new brakes on a couple days ago. Im really enjoying them actually... But i keep having cable issues.

The housing keeps getting all jank, and has actually broken twice. Should i just get a new cable, or is there a way to make it stop getting screwed up? I have an Odyssey Linear cable.

Also, what could be causing it? Is it possibly caused by me pulling my brakes too hard?

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/7/2013 5:25 PM

new cable. i hate odyssey linear housing. always does that to me too.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/7/2013 6:44 PM

tomdon wrote:

new cable. i hate odyssey linear housing. always does that to me too.

What do you recommend

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

4/7/2013 7:04 PM

I have had 3 Ezra elixors, 1 kink DX a odyssey linear & a mission
My kink DX felt REALLY good and lasted but I can get the ezra elixors for 6 $ so I just buy those.
Im going to buy a couple OEM cables off danscomp because theyre 5 $ & pre cut.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/7/2013 7:15 PM

i still need to get a bolt for my frame under the top tube where the mount is. i got brakes a week or so ago and i love them.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

4/8/2013 6:11 AM

G-LandRider wrote:

i still need to get a bolt for my frame under the top tube where the mount is. i got brakes a week or so ago and i love them.

Ya, right now I'm riding a Rush lever, Odyssey linear slic cable, Odyssey Springfields, and clear Odyssey Slim-by-four pads. When my cable isnt fucking up, theyre fantastic

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/8/2013 6:57 AM

cables shouldn't bet messed up unless you're spinning your bars around and they get stretched out.

If your brakes work well, you should be able to use one finger to stop/do tricks. Even if you use two fingers you shouldn't have to death pull the lever. So if that's what you're doing, stop doing it.

To make your brakes work well, lube the cable, lube the brake posts and clean your pads/rims.

|

4/8/2013 7:30 AM

pnj wrote:

cables shouldn't bet messed up unless you're spinning your bars around and they get stretched out.

If your brakes work well, you should be able to use one finger to stop/do tricks. Even if you use two fingers you shouldn't have to death pull the lever. So if that's what you're doing, stop doing it.

To make your brakes work well, lube the cable, lube the brake posts and clean your pads/rims.

this, and if it is getting fucked from spinning and such, make sure you cut it a little bit longer than you were

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/8/2013 8:27 AM

i use 2 fingers on the lever. everything is assembled 100% correct its not stretching or anything... the housing keeps breaking about an inch from the barrel adjuster on the lever. also the cable gets wavy

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/9/2013 8:06 PM

Get a freecoaster?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/9/2013 11:30 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Get a freecoaster?

What does that have to do with anything?

|

4/9/2013 11:38 PM

buy a gyro. straight cables a fucking annoying, especially if you do whips etc

|

4/10/2013 5:12 AM

Get a freecoaster?

BMX_Forever wrote:

iunno but it made me laught for some reason :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/10/2013 8:17 AM

Get a freecoaster?

BMX_Forever wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

iunno but it made me laught for some reason :L

i actually am getting one lol

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/10/2013 11:50 AM

Hi bike guru here and about linear cables they were designed for dérailleur bikes to keep the outer casing from compressing so the shifting would be uniform and not change from the constant compaction of the housing like round wound casing from the old days of cable casing they were not designed for brakes so the problem you are having will always happen the only way to solve this problem is to buy the alloy barrel casing that is a individual alloy barrel type of casing it is more expensive but you won't have this problem any more. Bike guru.

|

4/10/2013 12:09 PM

far less people have issues with linear cables than those that do have issues with them.

Just stop squeezing your lever so damn hard.

|