Brakes Trend?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2011 1:20 AM

Theres a huge trend at my local to get a full gyro set up. Im guessing its cause shredder jimmy has them and kids think that if they get them they can turndown as well as he can. Anybody else noticing this at their local?

|

2/7/2011 1:26 AM

opposite-ish of mine. everyone had the gyro no pegs bike, now i see some of them without the gyro and pegs.

|

2/7/2011 1:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2011 3:17 AM

"Brakes are gay" is all i hear here matey, i'll def be getting a gyro though.

|

2/7/2011 2:17 AM

aznsbmx? wrote:

opposite-ish of mine. everyone had the gyro no pegs bike, now i see some of them without the gyro and pegs.

Thats about it. no brakes no pegs, now they are all getting brakes. lol.

|

2/7/2011 3:17 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

|

2/7/2011 3:56 AM

Around here it's "brakeless with at least 2 pegs, the more the better". It's a big "street" scene around here.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

2/7/2011 4:17 AM

yes. someone flairs with brakes then everyone wants brakes haha. i ride brakeless and pegless.

|

2/7/2011 6:56 AM

I have 2 pegs and 0 brakes, but i switch from pegs to pegless often.
I was considering getting a gyro, and i might still get one, im not sure yet though

|

2/7/2011 6:59 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Same here. But I go through phases, sometimes I run front and rear, sometimes just rear, sometimes gyro, sometimes straight cable and sometimes brakeless. Whatever my mood is. Right now since my nearest indoor park is all wedges and ledges, I am brakeless. For some reason if I have brakes, I do a LOT more brake related tricks, AND I prefer to jump more, and go higher etc. I get way more street techy without, and that's about all there is for that park.

When we hit spring and can get some trails going or the Plaza is cleaned off, then I will toss the gyro back on probably.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/7/2011 7:04 AM

i run brakeless but i love gyros, everybody in my area think they are gay but i think they are really good. cant stand straight cables tongue

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

2/7/2011 9:05 AM

BMX I like wrote:

I have 2 pegs and 0 brakes, but i switch from pegs to pegless often.
I was considering getting a gyro, and i might still get one, im not sure yet though

this.

Most of the kids in these parts do either a long straight cable or brakeless. two or zero pegs.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

2/7/2011 9:20 AM

front brakes will come back someday...you watch!

|

2/7/2011 10:19 AM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

Some people make front brakes look badass. I know a this guy he rocks a front brake and does some crazy stuff with it. Makes me wanna get a front brake but I have always been brakeless lol.

|

2/7/2011 10:23 AM

In Chicago if you dared to put on front brakes you are either brave or stupid. Or both because kids will ride on you forvere even after you take the front brakes off.

Rear brakes are kool though. People don't disupute over whether or not you should have them on.

However they do encuorage you to go brakeless but at least they do it in a nice way.

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/7/2011 10:24 AM

everyone around here rides brakeless.

im the old guy with brakes and a gyro's hahaha

|

fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!! pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?? NO SENSEI!! defeat! does not exist in this dojo, does it? NO SENSEI!!

2/7/2011 10:28 AM

ive just set up a brake, which i bet wont go down well at all at my local. i decided to change to because this park near me that i like hay recently changed so its really tight, it literally, vert wall, 6 feet away, jump box, 3 feet from that, spine, connected at the bottom of that (so that that bottoms of the quarters are touching) is a volcano spine, then a quarter bout 8 feet away. its nice to flow but you cant jump the box then do the spines as you get too much speed. im going for an all nighter next weekend so i thought id set up a brake and see how it goes and take it off after the alnighter if i dont like it. i only know of one of my friends that rides a brake...

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

2/7/2011 12:11 PM

here its whatever the hell u want. no stupid trends. most people run brakeless and if they wanna put pegs on they can. some people rin gyros. its jus how ur style and how u ride, shoulnt be doin stuff jus cause pros do it

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/7/2011 12:27 PM

here its brakeless and 2 pegs. i dont see why you'd want anything else

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

2/7/2011 12:33 PM

Here it differs, it's actually really spread.

You'll see a fair amount of gyro no pegs gyro with pegs, breakless and pegless, breakless with pegs, straight cable breakless and sometimes a straight cable with breaks.

But I don't care ride what you want.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

2/7/2011 12:36 PM

Here the trend is no pegs no brakes, but 90% of the no pegs no brakes kids are fly-out heroes and suck shit. if you wanna spot a good rider around here look for someone with brakes cuz usually they know whats up.

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

2/7/2011 12:47 PM

almost no one ride brakes in sweden but it all depends on what you do. There are no parks around here and all i ride is street so there isnt really any need to put on brakes.

However when i ride trails with my dirt bike i always use brakes. I know this may sound stupid but it feels like i got more control riding brakeless since i wont have any fingers on the lever.

And gyro isnt really my thing and i think ill remain brakeless for as long as i ride, they just add weight and are a bitch to get dialed.

|

2/7/2011 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2011 12:51 PM

cornholio wrote:

Here the trend is no pegs no brakes, but 90% of the no pegs no brakes kids are fly-out heroes and suck shit. if you wanna spot a good rider around here look for someone with brakes cuz usually they know whats up.

this, and anyonee want upper and lower gyro cables? single route ones $10, i installed them and never ridden, the ends arnt fraid there odyssey ones i paid $20 for them

|

2/7/2011 12:55 PM

HELL YES. I hate seeing a loada thirteen year old kids turn up with the lowest frame going, gyro's and 6.0's. It's either that or scooters, i fucking hate scooters. Too many kids doing it cause everyone else does, which is silly. AAH.

|

2/7/2011 12:58 PM

JarrodBmxWA wrote:

yes. someone flairs with brakes then everyone wants brakes haha. i ride brakeless and pegless.

Yes, this happened exactly!

then i came to the park about two months ago with two pegs and started grinding everything, two weeks later everyones got pegs -.-

But this park is so good to ride pegless, so im back to that.

|

2/7/2011 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2011 1:06 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

dirt rons bike -

From OdysseyBMX.com

|

2/7/2011 1:14 PM

Dolphin wrote:

here its brakeless and 2 pegs. i dont see why you'd want anything else

You're the most ignorant person I've ever seen.

And I'm brakeless until trail season, than I run a straight cable, all odyssey brake setup. Never ran a "good" gyro, just on shitty walmart bikes when I was in grade school. And I've never run front brakes, the trend in my area is "Brakeless or go home."

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

2/7/2011 1:19 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

HELL YES. I hate seeing a loada thirteen year old kids turn up with the lowest frame going, gyro's and 6.0's. It's either that or scooters, i fucking hate scooters. Too many kids doing it cause everyone else does, which is silly. AAH.

I have 6.0's and an 8 inch standover.

What of it?

And yeah, fuck scooters. theres like 30 scooters to one rider here, shits gay.

|

2/7/2011 1:23 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Ouch that's almost exactly me, luckily i got rid of my 6.0's and got Etnies tongue

|

2/7/2011 1:23 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Shakesman69 wrote:

What of it?

I said that in a bad way :L I mean like, if i see a low ass frame, a gyro and a kid riding it, then the chances they'll be wearing 6.0's are like 99.9% lol, but yeah its just a stereotype really :L But yeah, hate scooters fo' sho.

|

2/7/2011 1:26 PM

ScootersAreGay wrote:

Shakesman69 wrote:

What of it?

ScootersAreGay wrote:

I said that in a bad way :L I mean like, if i see a low ass frame, a gyro and a kid riding it, then the chances they'll be wearing 6.0's are like 99.9% lol, but yeah its just a stereotype really :L But yeah, hate scooters fo' sho.

haha, i know what you mean. Park rat's 4 lyfe

I want a pair of sb's. my mavrk mids are shithouse.

|