Brakes help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2017 6:33 PM

Ok guys. Have an Encore Amp 20 with stock brakes, cable and lever. The bike mechanic that put my bike together did a shit job at putting them together. I ended up riding brakeless for two weeks until I needed them for mtb trails. I put them back on following the dans comp guide. All has been good the last two weeks.

Today out riding after work and squeeze... Pop. My previously tight cable is now loose. No bolts loosened on anything. Adjusters all the same. No brake power.

Is this the fabled housing blowout that I've read about?

I have an oddysey springfield with a quick slick cable on the way anyways. Was planning to change the brakes out.. Only thing I didn't buy was a lever. I think it's ok though...

From those with more experience what are your thoughts?

|

8/10/2017 6:52 PM

The cable probably snapped.

|

8/11/2017 1:05 AM

^ or pulled through the hanger

|

8/11/2017 4:13 AM

It might have just slipped out of the hanger bit you can't tell because the barrel adjuster is holding it in place idk that's all I can think of

|

@coupd_tat

8/11/2017 7:31 PM

It never went back to normal and my brake was extremely loose after that.

|

8/11/2017 7:53 PM

SA519 wrote:

It never went back to normal and my brake was extremely loose after that.

Cable slipped somewhere-either straddle cable slipped on the brake itself, or the regular cable slipped in the hanger.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/12/2017 5:53 AM

Excuse my noobness but if it slipped in the hanger.. What can i do?

|