Brakes that work with removable mounts

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2017 10:28 AM

Hi guys, I have an S&M ATF frame with removable brake mounts. To my discovery, I realized that these do not work like welded-on mounts. Instead of the brake bolts screwing into the mounts, they screw into the frame itself. In other words, you must use the long bolts that came with the removable mounts to screw the brakes AND the mounts into the chainstay tubes.

Certain brakes do not work with this setup. The Mission Cease brakes nor the EVO II's, since they have "cone" brake caps.

What are you guys using for brakes?

|

7/18/2017 10:41 AM

Sorry, failed to search before posting. Saw some threads mentioning Tektros, and others mention Fly's long-style pivot bolts. Just not sure that the threads would match my frame. Just got off the phone from Odyssey and they said the bolts that came with my bosses will work with the evo IIs, it will just look a bit off since the bolts will be sitting inside the cone spring cap.

Still curious to see what other guys are using. I'm currently using Springfields since they just bolt on without arm springs, but these gotta go.

|

7/18/2017 11:00 AM

I couldn't get the springfields to bolt on without play in the arms as if the studs were too long, but my Evo brakes work fine. I stole the straddle cable and pads of the springfields and like it

Photo

|

7/18/2017 12:51 PM

I've set up a few brakes just using the bolt that comes with the mount kit and they've worked fine. Odyssey Springfield and dia compe hombre are the only I can remember what brake it actually was. Pretty sure I've set up a salt plus brake too (non on my own bike, because brakeless)

|

7/19/2017 8:32 AM

thanks guys. Will give it a shot with the EVOs

|