Brands with the worst reputation

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2017 9:27 AM

What brands do you guys dislike the most and have the worst rep.

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

12/1/2017 10:33 AM

There are lots of threads that you can search that are people talking about brands they don't like so you could look at those. (just don't bump the old threads)

|

Hmmm

12/1/2017 2:11 PM

Dont take everything you hear to heart. People still think eastern makes shit, they make quality gear.

|

12/1/2017 2:25 PM

Um... Mafia?

|

12/1/2017 2:31 PM

Mafia makes good aftermarket parts, Im sure. The complete bikes, Ive heard, are not very high quality for the price. Harry Main's decision to drop sponsors in favor of a direct distribution company is a big reason why they have a bad rep.

I would buy Mafia parts.

|

12/1/2017 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 4:38 PM

it doesn't surprise me that you'd buy Mafia parts or that you are actually Recommending them. "I've heard" was were your bullshit started. You have no clue.... So shut up. "Hey I dunno shit about this but uh someone said something one time so I'd buy thier parts " Good solid reasoning from a high end bike owner like yourself. You own an eastern that you never shut up about and a hack job mountain bike you tried to pass off as a DJ build. You should totally be recommending what parts and companies are good, after all you're in the manufacturing industry in bmx and you know these things too right?... Shhhh bullet, just Shhh now buds.

|

12/1/2017 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 5:41 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

it doesn't surprise me that you'd buy Mafia parts or that you are actually Recommending them. "I've heard" was were your ...more

I dont own an eastern... i own a mongoose frame with eastern fork, s&m bars, thunderbolt cranks and a sunday frame with odyssey everything...and a hack job mountain bike. Lol

|

12/1/2017 7:45 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

it doesn't surprise me that you'd buy Mafia parts or that you are actually Recommending them. "I've heard" was were your ...more

Jesus.... WTF?!

|

12/1/2017 7:49 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! He said yoooo mama ain't got no nipplessssss!!!!!

|

12/1/2017 8:07 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! He said yoooo mama ain't got no nipplessssss!!!!!

Lol

|

12/1/2017 8:19 PM

For the record, I'M the one with the eastern that doesn't shut up about it. Jeez... Relax. Pet a puppy or something.

|

12/1/2017 8:34 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

For the record, I'M the one with the eastern that doesn't shut up about it. Jeez... Relax. Pet a puppy or something.

Lol, i didnt want to pass the buck and throw you under the bus...

Eastern makes great shit.

I love my Venus wheel sets.

|

12/1/2017 8:52 PM

Snafu

|

@coupd_tat

12/1/2017 8:59 PM

Huffy

|

12/1/2017 9:03 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Haha lol... I don't hate on any companies becasue they're doing better than I could probably do... I remember when every body hated on Eastern becasue someone said their frames were made of soda cans or something... some people can believe the dumbest things...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/1/2017 9:40 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

That escalated quickly

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/1/2017 10:37 PM

Eastern genuinely had a bad rep for a good reason though. They're probably better now, but they took the whole light bikes trend to dangerous levels, and their parts failed regularly.

Mafia. Their bikes suck, they're not good value for money, I keep hearing horror stories about their customer service, and they do nothing for bmx but think of themselves. Rocker bikes? Rocker mtb's? Tramp bikes? They'll sell any old shit to kids to line their pockets.

Anything Adam22 has ever been involved with. He's the worst thing to happen in bmx.

Most of the non rider mid school brands like haro, mongoose, gt etc. They made shit bikes in the 90's and 00's. Just the fact they sold out is enough for me to not support them now.

|

12/2/2017 3:53 AM

I'm sensing a little friction here.

|

12/2/2017 5:40 AM

WTF I went to dinner and then woke up and this happened! I was just wondering about shit brands and not what ever happened

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

12/2/2017 6:09 AM

Customer service is extremely important, I agree. But I personally have had no experience with Mafia's customer service or any of the products they attach thier name to.

My point was simple, dont believe everything you hear. Im catching all this shit for "not knowing shit about shit" but some of those same people are bashing companies they have Zero experience with either.

I puchased Eastern products after hearing they were the worst company ever to exist and I was well taken care of by them. They have proven they are worthy of my dollars.

Im not saying some companies dont deserve the rep they have but its not so black and white.

|

12/2/2017 9:18 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Harsh...

|

12/2/2017 9:20 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Snafu

I thought snafu made good stuff

|

12/2/2017 9:38 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Snafu

Manny Perez wrote:

I thought snafu made good stuff

I had an epic Snafu seat in about 2002. And a front load stem.

|

12/2/2017 2:25 PM

coupde_tat wrote:

Snafu

Yea snafu is so terrible , sticking by Scotty Cranmer through his injury instead of dropping him like they could have

|

12/2/2017 4:02 PM

coupde_tat wrote:

Snafu

eskimojay wrote:

Yea snafu is so terrible , sticking by Scotty Cranmer through his injury instead of dropping him like they could have

Didn't know that, always thought they made decent stuff

|

12/2/2017 4:59 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Eskimojay was just being sarcastic... I'm very impressed with SNAFU for not dropping Scotty... but even though Scotty can't really ride, I'm sure he still brings alot of revenue to SNAFU....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/2/2017 5:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2017 7:18 AM

Speaking of Scotty, any news on his progress?

|

12/2/2017 5:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Manny Perez wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Eskimojay was just being sarcastic... I'm very impressed with SNAFU for not dropping Scotty... but even though Scotty can't ...more

that is pretty cool even though you are right, his name still is marketable...especially as he recovers

on the other topic...and not to derail the thread, but what happened between bulletpup and BcBMX80...did I miss something in another thread? Both seem pretty chill, but man....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/2/2017 6:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2017 6:14 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

that is pretty cool even though you are right, his name still is marketable...especially as he recovers

on the other ...more

Don't know. Seems like Bc just doesn't like bullet for whatever reason. This wasn't the first "episode". There have been other things similar in the past. Somehow I got mixed into this too. In general, I don't give two shits what anyone posts. I may not agree with it but who am I to say you can't post your opinion? As long as everything it's being done respectfully.

|

12/2/2017 6:19 PM

To swerve back on topic. This may not be a brand but Time2Shine has sure given themselves quite a name

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT