Create New Tag

4/17/2012 9:53 AM

does anyone know how to?

|

It's me, Dee Hos

>

30+ Refs!!!!!

4/17/2012 9:55 AM

Breaking a chain without a chain breaker will always sacrifice the strength of the chain...
Just find a chain breaker to use.

|

4/17/2012 9:59 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Breaking a chain without a chain breaker will always sacrifice the strength of the chain...
Just find a chain breaker to use.

i tried the park tool one at my local shop and the shadow chain broke it right in half...it was the first chain i broke using it, and it snapped...i need the actual shadow one or something, but i can only find them online...

|

It's me, Dee Hos

>

30+ Refs!!!!!

4/17/2012 10:47 AM

Dee Hos wrote:

i tried the park tool one at my local shop and the shadow chain broke it right in half...it was the first chain i broke using it, and it snapped...i need the actual shadow one or something, but i can only find them online...

Weird. My park chain breaker works perfectly on my little bros shadow chain.

Use a nail and hammer.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

4/17/2012 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2012 10:57 AM

Yeah maybe it was positioned wrong or something... Ive put on a couple shadow chains and other half links with really shitty 7 dollar breakers and never had any issues

|

4/17/2012 1:41 PM

it's all technique, if you go to break it and it feels like it's not going anywhere.. it probably isn't, so don't force it. There was a thread similar to this awhile back and someone said something along those lines and how with the proper technique and not just forcing it to break, they were able to break a shadow chain with a walmart chain breaker

|

4/17/2012 2:25 PM

worse idea ever

|

4/17/2012 4:36 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Steel-Chain-Breaker-Splitter-Cutter-Solid-Repair-Tool-Kit-/110845640157?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Accessories&hash=item19ceea3ddd#ht_3610wt_1139

Get it. I have it. My mate used it for his Shadow Chain and he said it worked perfectly. I've had it for a year now and it's only $3.70 anyway, if it breaks it's an easy replacement.

|

4/17/2012 4:47 PM

Fist it.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

4/17/2012 4:55 PM

|