Brian Histand

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2016 8:25 PM

Saw a Sean Burns Instagram post that says RIP.

Anyone know what happened?

|

1/24/2016 8:29 PM

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

1/24/2016 8:34 PM

After being missing for over 2 years, his remains were found (Apparently the last place he was seen as well).

I didn't know him personally but I knew of him from all the stickers people had at the skatepark. Regardless, he was part of the bmx family. RIP to him and thoughts are with his family. It's terrible for sure, but they finally have closure though as to what happened to him at least. Just sucks it wasn't the ideal outcome.

Not sure what the cause of death was though, haven't seen anything on it. I'll post the screenshot up of where I got what I know.

|

1/24/2016 8:35 PM

Photo

|

1/24/2016 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2016 4:01 PM

Bummer , just watched the orchid DVD
Today he was in it dude went big

|

1/24/2016 9:08 PM

super sad but really creepy too. His remains were found on a secluded mountain???

|

1/24/2016 9:47 PM

It's a shame . Poor guy. Even Trey Jones had his name on his helmet in big letters at the Dee Tour or something.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/24/2016 9:57 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

super sad but really creepy too. His remains were found on a secluded mountain???

It's a common place people go hiking in the Phoenix area. He's been missing for 2.5 years.

|

1/24/2016 10:27 PM

I wonder how long it had been before they had found him.. Jeez, I hope they find out how he went..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/24/2016 10:57 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I wonder how long it had been before they had found him.. Jeez, I hope they find out how he went..

that's what I'm wondering since apparently that was the last place he was seen alive... 2.5 years ago.

Makes you wonder if he was there alone and just fell off, or ran into trouble, or what...

Haven't heard any updates though so idk.

|

1/25/2016 12:16 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

After being missing for over 2 years, his remains were found (Apparently the last place he was seen as well).

I didn't know ...more

This right here.

Sucks when anyone dies.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/25/2016 4:09 PM

Hella sad.I remeber when he went missing&hella people thought he just went off the grid nomad mode or sometging.I didnt know him but know 2 people that did&they say he was a mad man.atleast his loved ones got some closure.

|

1/25/2016 5:16 PM

sucks i only heard of him after he went missing because his riding was amazing.

i ended up doing research online last year about him just because i was curious. the word was basically that he likely had a concussion for a couple days so he was out of sorts wandering around the mountains and apparently like threw his keys away into the desert. people had seen him wandering down the road. cops eventually found him naked in a field super early in the morning and he told them he was praying so they let him be or something weird like that then no one ever saw him again. it gets cold at night in the mountains so if he was naked he probably got hypothermia being disoriented. crazy that in all the searching they did around there they hadn't found him sooner. total tragedy.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/25/2016 7:47 PM

My guess is that they're going to have a very hard time figuring out how he died through an autopsy.

He was a shredder that's for sure. He probably got a bad concussion and that messed up something in his brain enough to make it so he didn't know what was going on.

He will always be remembered as a hell of a good rider.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/25/2016 7:57 PM

I don't think they will have a difficult time finding the cause. Whether he was dehydrated, fell, or worse. Thats one thing about modern science, they can tell you how a someone lived and died from hundreds of years ago.
It's a real shame, you just hope that he was at peace when it happened.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/25/2016 10:16 PM

I thought they found his car in pa with his bike in it and the keys nearby?

|

1/25/2016 10:24 PM

BNC wrote:

I thought they found his car in pa with his bike in it and the keys nearby?

From what I've read yeah, they found all that.

Here's something from an article from awhile back.

"Brian Histand disappeared over 2 years ago. The following summary is from one of the linked articles:

Brian Histand hasn't been seen since his friends saw him near South Mountain over a week ago. They believe he may have been confused two days prior to disappearing due to a possible concussion while BMX riding or it could have been a result of post-concussion syndrome. Brian's father, who is a police officer in Pennsylvania, isn't giving up hope.

"We are on the move from very early in the morning until late in the evening, so it keeps us busy and keeps us actively involved to find Brian," said Michael Histand.

The morning before Brian vanished, a police officer spotted him in a field -- naked. The officer let him go after determining he was coherent. Later, Brian's car and BMX bike were found near South Mountain, but there was no trace of him.

"He hasn't used his helmet many times and taking pretty good head shots over the years unfortunately.. we think that might be playing a role in this," said Michael.

Detectives are telling Michael that someone may have spotted his son just a week ago.

"He was sitting in the middle of the field with his legs crossed that seems to be consistent with the prior behaviors that had been observed two weeks ago."

But tip after tip -- and no solid leads pointing to his son's whereabouts."

|

1/25/2016 10:32 PM

His dad lives in PA but Brian was living in Phoenix which is where south mountain is

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands