Broke ass Sunday chain tensioner

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2014 8:35 PM

So i just saw this today, I think its from some big drops i hit but damn. Will sunday do anything for this? The top is the broke one. Photo

Photo

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

9/15/2014 8:38 PM

This is what happens when you use fucking aluminum for something that small that potentially takes a lot of pressure. My friend just bent his brand new ones in half last week when his wheel shifted on a flair, and the second one when his wheel shifted while just tightening his wheel. They should be steel instead, this is why I don't use mine.

Email Sunday and see if they will hook you up with some, if not, Empirebmx has some.

|

9/15/2014 9:10 PM

Sunday is overrated but that's probaly with all frames , just learn to tighten your wheel mate ! You dont need them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/15/2014 9:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This is what happens when you use fucking aluminum for something that small that potentially takes a lot of pressure. My ...more

They don't use steel because steel would damage bolt and axle threads.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

9/15/2014 9:47 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They don't use steel because steel would damage bolt and axle threads.

Good call, that completely slipped my mind.

|

9/16/2014 12:42 PM

Same thing happened to me.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/16/2014 5:55 PM

I like mine because i can buy screws at any hardware stores.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/16/2014 6:06 PM

I always thought you just used them to set chain tension, not to keep them in place

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5