Broken Clavicle

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2014 11:48 PM

Title says it all. Shit sucks!! Anyone ever deal with this, if so, let me know what procedures your doctor chose and how it healed.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/23/2014 5:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2014 5:15 AM

Yup, snapped my collarbone(clavicle) going otb on a jump. Landed right on my shoulder from the sky. Took 8 weeks b4 they released me, but I was riding my bike after like 2 weeks (Just riding, no jumps). I didn't need surgery, but if it would have been a tad worse, they probably would've pinned it or something. Almost a year after it happened, I have a huge lump on my collarbone where it broke.
EDIT: i'm 100% now by the way, don't worry about it, just heal and drink your milk. wink

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

9/23/2014 5:32 AM

Yup. I snapped mine completely in half. I had surgery and now have a metal plate with six screws on my collarbone. I started pedaling around after a month but i couldn't hop or do tricks for like 2 months, i was pretty much 100% after three months. I still don't do pushups though. It feels like my bone has a joint that bends when i do.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/23/2014 4:16 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yup. I snapped mine completely in half. I had surgery and now have a metal plate with six screws on my collarbone. I started ...more

define "in half"

also, how did you do it?

|

BIKE CHECK

9/23/2014 4:31 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yup. I snapped mine completely in half. I had surgery and now have a metal plate with six screws on my collarbone. I started ...more

MidWestBMX wrote:

define "in half"

also, how did you do it?

This is my xray. Photo
Parkour doesn't like me.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/23/2014 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2014 5:47 PM

Surgery scheduled for next week. Getting a plate/screws. Im in NJ but I have a good friend in Cali who rides and is also a surgeon. Hes checking over my xrays and files to ensure everything is done at best.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/23/2014 6:20 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Surgery scheduled for next week. Getting a plate/screws. Im in NJ but I have a good friend in Cali who rides and is also a ...more

Atleast you get good painkillers after surgery. You better have a netflix account or somthing though dude. Pretty much all i did while recovering was watch breaking bad. Do you have a pic of your xrays?

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/23/2014 6:23 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

define "in half"

also, how did you do it?

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

This is my xray. Photo
Parkour doesn't like me.

Dang, how high did you fall from to manage that bad of a break?

When I broke mine, I didn't even feel it really, my arm was kinda numb when I got up. I seriously sat on the quarterpipe for a bit thinking if I should ride some more or not. I had to walk a decent ways home to call my mom to take me to the doctor. The most painful part of it for me was sitting in the room waiting, and moving around for the x-rays. How about you guys?

|

BIKE CHECK

9/23/2014 6:35 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Dang, how high did you fall from to manage that bad of a break?

When I broke mine, I didn't even feel it really, my arm was ...more

Like 8 feet or something. I didn't know i broke it till i tried to move my arm and my shoulder folded in on it's self. I have it on video though. It's at 3:15 in the video

you can hear it snap too. I was just upset because it made me miss snowboarding season.
|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/23/2014 11:44 PM

Surgery scheduled for next week. Getting a plate/screws. Im in NJ but I have a good friend in Cali who rides and is also a ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Atleast you get good painkillers after surgery. You better have a netflix account or somthing though dude. Pretty much all i ...more

They gave me a ton of pain pills now but they barely do anything to me. Im gonna try to get some pics of the xrays. Until then, just laying in bed till the 30th trying to keep bone from piercing through the skin.

|

REFS-

9/24/2014 2:41 AM

Feelin' ya pain bro, i snapped 2 metacarpals about 5wks ago, shit still hurts man, but fuck the pain that ain't even the deal, the fact that I can't ride is the biggest downer, been adviced to wait until December before I should ride again, and Its driving me fucking mental lol

Take your time and heal up before you try to ride again, also like its already been said, if you ain't seen it already get Netflix and watch breaking bad, its fucking epic, I got thru all 5 seasons in 4 days straight...its mint.

Sending good vibes your way, get well soon dude...btw codeine is the fucking bomb yo! Haha.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/24/2014 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2014 6:15 AM

i think a lot of us here have. including me

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/24/2014 8:52 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

i think a lot of us here have. including me

I think brokenbmx broke his a while ago.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/24/2014 12:51 PM

My xrays looked like that too. Went over the bars. I had to get one pin for a couple months and then they took it out. Definitely sucks man. Make sure to take all your meds after that first surgery, its hell. The second surgery I was completely fine and no pain afterwards with zero meds

|

Smoke Drink Die

9/24/2014 2:29 PM

My mom broke both bombing down a hill and sliding out and then hitting a car haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/24/2014 3:01 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

My mom broke both bombing down a hill and sliding out and then hitting a car haha

Lolz reminded me of this...

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/24/2014 4:27 PM

I broke mine in 2008, i actually made this account while recovering from the surgery i needed to correct my shoulder.

shit sucked i had a plate and six screws in mine so that i could get most of my motion back. they took it after a year and half because im so damn scrawny the bolts were visible and a hazard of ripping my skin.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/24/2014 7:06 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I broke mine in 2008, i actually made this account while recovering from the surgery i needed to correct my shoulder.

shit ...more

I wondered where your username came from. Haha.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/24/2014 7:15 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

shit ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I wondered where your username came from. Haha.

Yup yes sir. made sense at the time

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/24/2014 7:23 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Yup, snapped my collarbone(clavicle) going otb on a jump. Landed right on my shoulder from the sky. Took 8 weeks b4 they ...more

Your story is EXACTLY the same as mine.. except do you mean released you as in saying good to go no more brace or whatever? If so then yeah.. everything you said is 100% the same as mine 2 years ago lmfao..

|

9/28/2014 12:08 AM

Recently broke my leg about a month and a half back. Yeah I know my leg not my collar bone, but I just had surgery about a week ago for a rod and 3 screws in my. I now have about 40 staples in my leg and I have to go back to the hospital next week. Gonna be a long recovery. And during when I was in the hospital some little punks thought it would be funny to steal my bike! After I just got all new parts and perfectly dialed but yeah here's some X-rays and pictures Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/7/2014 9:04 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

shit ...more

I was told to because Im thin plate and screws may have to be removed depending on how it heals. To everyone, is this burning/ throbbing sensation normal? Its been a week since surgery , incision area looks fine, parts throughout the area are numb as expected but shit man, shits burning.

Please everyone, let me know if youve felt the same.

|

REFS-

10/7/2014 9:32 AM

I was told to because Im thin plate and screws may have to be removed depending on how it heals. To everyone, is this burning/ ...more

Never had the burning feeling, my doctor didn't tell me till after the surgery that i would have permanent numbness from my colarbone down my shoulder and armpit. I find myself rubbing under my scar a lot because of the numbness, it just feels funny.

|

bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

10/7/2014 10:54 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

shit ...more

I was told to because Im thin plate and screws may have to be removed depending on how it heals. To everyone, is this burning/ ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Never had the burning feeling, my doctor didn't tell me till after the surgery that i would have permanent numbness from my ...more

It's been 2 and half weeks since my surgery and half way down my leg to my foot is still numb. And it's only the top of my leg and foot as the doctor said she had to move a nerve for my surgery to be done. Also can't bend my leg or straighten it

|

10/10/2014 11:36 AM

Photo

|

REFS-

10/10/2014 12:58 PM

Yeah its normal, I felt a burning sensation for about 3weeks, numbness for about 6wks, @ around weeks 8 things start to feel better, you'll still be weak but a lot more functional at least.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/10/2014 1:08 PM

That's a lot of screws. I have six.