Broken Collar Bone

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2013 8:49 PM

Alright.
So Thursday I was riding. I was hauling ass down a hill and I try to hop UP some stairs. Long story short, I have a broken Collar bone. The Doc said I got about 6 weeks. I want to ride ASAP. I was figuring with a little badassness, I could pull a Mat Hoffman and be back on the saddle in 3.
Anyone else ever done this? Ideas?

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/23/2013 8:51 PM

I would just wait.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/23/2013 8:54 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I would just wait.

It has been healing rather quickly though. No swelling, just soreness

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/23/2013 9:15 PM

Yeah it would be badass to do it but don't. I had a back problem for 2 months I think I pulled something, and I would think it felt better and do a bunny hop and would hurt like a fucking bitch, finally I had to wait like 2 weeks before I was fully healed and could ride.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/23/2013 9:38 PM

I did that with a tore ligament in my ankle. I tore it again even worse and couldn't ride for 6 months, I fucked it up bad.

|

10/23/2013 10:11 PM

Yeah, don't do that.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/24/2013 4:09 AM

I hate the thought of breaking that particular bone, guessing that must hurt pretty bad.

Not sure you should fuck around with your recovery tho, give it at least 4 weeks and take it easy for a bit.

Happy healing bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/24/2013 5:54 AM

My Story

Hopefully yours doesnt end up as bad as mine.
|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

10/24/2013 6:35 AM

Don't do it.

If you ignore it and ride anyway, you could cause more damage, be out longer.

Just listen to the doctor.

I ignored mine on my shoulder years ago, been plagued with issues since, cracking, soreness, even easier dislocation. DON'T INGORE THEM.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura