Broken odyssey clutch v2

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2019 7:37 AM

I got some thinner grease for my hub, more like the original grease (hoping it would let me do crank flips) and when taking it apart I found out the drive side collar is broken. I've already sent a message to my local shop I bought it from but I expect it would be a while until I get a replacement and it was working fine when it was broken so I thought I could just put it back in for now and it still work. Two rubber o-rings fell out though, I know where the big one goes but I'm not sure about the small one.

Photo
Photo

|

5/14/2019 7:48 AM

Second broken clutch... Have fun trying to use the warranty lol.

|

5/14/2019 7:57 AM

AaronMellien wrote:

Second broken clutch... Have fun trying to use the warranty lol.

Second? This is the first part I've broken on this hub, and this is my first clutch.

I spoke to the person who sold it to me and he's not in work today but tomorrow he's going to have a look at getting me the replacement collar. I imagine even if I have to pay for it it would be like $10 which isn't the end of the world

|

5/14/2019 8:04 AM

I was talking about when Tim had a really hard time with his hub and odysseys warranty lol.
Forum Post

|

5/14/2019 8:07 AM

Well that sucks. Were you experiencing any odd behavior before you took it apart? Seems like if the collar was broken that bad it would be malfunctioning.

Either way, depending on how old it is, the shop/Odyssey will most likely help you out. Tim had a bit of a back and forth, but ended up having everything taken care of.

Shit happens.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/14/2019 8:12 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well that sucks. Were you experiencing any odd behavior before you took it apart? Seems like if the collar was broken that bad it would be malfunctioning.

Either way, depending on how old it is, the shop/Odyssey will most likely help you out. Tim had a bit of a back and forth, but ended up having everything taken care of.

Shit happens.

Felt completely normal. I've put it back in and the driver spins smoothly even when I put a bit of force into the bearing (by hand). I'll see what it's like once I get it back on my bike (currently trying to make crank flips become a thing)

I've had it just over a month so I'm hoping I have some luck with it

|

5/14/2019 8:14 AM

Jessentis wrote:

Felt completely normal. I've put it back in and the driver spins smoothly even when I put a bit of force into the bearing (by hand). I'll see what it's like once I get it back on my bike (currently trying to make crank flips become a thing)

I've had it just over a month so I'm hoping I have some luck with it

Interesting.

Ok well, I think you did the right thing by contacting the shop (and hopefully not preemptively bashing odyssey on social media) and if you've only had it a month, any shop worth their salt will make it right. Good luck

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/14/2019 8:26 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Interesting.

Ok well, I think you did the right thing by contacting the shop (and hopefully not preemptively bashing odyssey on social media) and if you've only had it a month, any shop worth their salt will make it right. Good luck

The worst I've done was put a picture on my Instagram saying 'oops'

I also think I've worked out where the o-rings go

|