Broken part? (Video)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2013 9:27 PM

So, I was out messing around with my flat 3's. I landed and immediately heard a loud ping. After pedaling a little it's like it skips some links now. Could the problem be my sprocket, chain or cassette?

And yes I know these 3's are carved a lot

|

5/13/2013 9:32 PM

check your sprocket and whole drive train actually. check for any broken links or teeth on both the sprocket & driver, and look for any cracks in the sprocket. if there's nothing there, it's likely internally in the driver. probably pawls or something

|

5/13/2013 9:41 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

check your sprocket and whole drive train actually. check for any broken links or teeth on both the sprocket & driver, and look for any cracks in the sprocket. if there's nothing there, it's likely internally in the driver. probably pawls or something

Ah sure enough, I don't know how i missed it but i blew out the hole in the sprocket where it attaches to the crank haha

|

5/13/2013 9:42 PM

OptimalAdvantagez wrote:

Ah sure enough, I don't know how i missed it but i blew out the hole in the sprocket where it attaches to the crank haha

Haha damn, what sprocket was it? is it completely fucked or can you just switch sprocket holes?

|

5/13/2013 9:44 PM

Photo
|

5/13/2013 9:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

OptimalAdvantagez wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Haha damn, what sprocket was it? is it completely fucked or can you just switch sprocket holes?

I guess I can switch holes, kinda sketchy though. Eastern Medusa, had it for a while

|

5/13/2013 10:07 PM

oh fuck haha. that sprocket's known for that, a lot of people I know did that to it. Yeah just rotate it, make sure it isn't cracking to the outside anywhere first though. I'd invest in a new sprocket though soon

|

5/13/2013 10:12 PM

For sure, thanks man

|

5/13/2013 10:25 PM

From the pic, it looks like the same hole that broke is cracked to the outside of the sprocket. Could be wrong though.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/13/2013 10:33 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

From the pic, it looks like the same hole that broke is cracked to the outside of the sprocket. Could be wrong though.

that's what it looked like to me too

|

5/13/2013 10:37 PM

Ride it for a bit but not too hard. Get a new sprocket ASAP. Like literally at this moment if you have the moment. That thing is cracking to the outside teeth.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/14/2013 3:39 AM

Plzdntfailmeagn did that to his custom made 100% chromo mds.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/14/2013 7:49 AM

future FBM wrote:

Plzdntfailmeagn did that to his custom made 100% chromo mds.

Now that I think about it that would be the dopest sprocket ever, especially if double guarded.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/14/2013 7:58 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Ride it for a bit but not too hard. Get a new sprocket ASAP. Like literally at this moment if you have the moment. That thing is cracking to the outside teeth.

Yeah I went out and looked this morning and it's split not just a crack lol. Wont be riding until I get a new one

|