Broken shadow supreme chain

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2020 3:08 AM

The other day I broke my shadow supreme chain, the one with lifetime warranty. Anyone had any breaks on their chain? Anyone got thoughts they want to share? (other than half link is weaker than zip ties, full link for life baby)

FYI it didn't snap the plates just came off the pin, and it broke trying a 180 sprocket stall cab out with a relatively useless sprocket guard (it's worn down and is level with the chain)
Photo

|

2/24/2020 5:16 AM

I’ve only broken 2 chains. The first generation shadow chain in like 2008 doing a 720 and a kmc710sl when I peddling for a flip. I just took the shadow v2 off my bike Ayer a year of riding it and switched to another 710sl

|

2/24/2020 6:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2020 7:04 AM

Jessentis wrote:

The other day I broke my shadow supreme chain, the one with lifetime warranty. Anyone had any breaks on their chain? Anyone got thoughts they want to share? (other than half link is weaker than zip ties, full link for life baby)

FYI it didn't snap the plates just came off the pin, and it broke trying a 180 sprocket stall cab out with a relatively useless sprocket guard (it's worn down and is level with the chain)
Photo

Did you use the master pin to join the links?

Also, hit them up, im sure they would be happy to replace it for you!

I make it a common practice to rotate my guarded sprocket anytime it becomes level with the chain.

I dont buy sprockets with less than 5 mounting holes anymore. Its so illogical to make a full guard with only 1 or 2 mounting holes.

|

2/24/2020 8:09 AM

you probably reused pins you dirty little rascal you

|

2/24/2020 8:22 AM

Jessentis wrote:

Photo

Bulletpup wrote:

Did you use the master pin to join the links?

Also, hit them up, im sure they would be happy to replace it for you!

I make it a common practice to rotate my guarded sprocket anytime it becomes level with the chain.

I dont buy sprockets with less than 5 mounting holes anymore. Its so illogical to make a full guard with only 1 or 2 mounting holes.

I had a shadow v2 and I always used the master pin but overtime the pin got so loose you could take it in and out by hand, so since then I thought it made more sense to use random pins to distribute the wear.

I've got the primo guard sprocket and new it's barely higher than the chain (I think it's because of the thick chain). Same problem with the wtp pathfinder sprocket.

I've always thought it makes so much sense for a spline drive sprocket, you get the clean look of one rotation point but with infinite rotation points. The spline adapter would probably need some development though to take abuse

|

2/24/2020 9:11 AM

I’ve broken two of these chains, both after approximately 2 years of riding on them. I also do tons of sprocket stalls so it’s pretty much inevitable.

I do believe I broke the very first one - it was less than a month after they announced that none have been reported broken & they were adding a lifetime warranty. So I contacted their Warranty Dept. twice about getting it replaced and never heard back from them either time.

The warranty seems like more of a gimmick than an actual warranty imo.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/24/2020 9:25 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I’ve broken two of these chains, both after approximately 2 years of riding on them. I also do tons of sprocket stalls so it’s pretty much inevitable.

I do believe I broke the very first one - it was less than a month after they announced that none have been reported broken & they were adding a lifetime warranty. So I contacted their Warranty Dept. twice about getting it replaced and never heard back from them either time.

The warranty seems like more of a gimmick than an actual warranty imo.

That sucks, "Lifetime warranty"= regular time and normal use, so when it's busted, it's "normal lifetime" is over along with the "lifetime warranty"...

|