Broken star nut and compression bolt.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2017 11:20 AM

I just bought a new kink curb from dans como. I heard a rattling noise inside, and the whole headset is loose. It turns out they sent it to me broken. Is there any way I can stop the wiggling other than buying a totally new on? [b]Will send photos if needed.

|

1/25/2017 11:35 AM

Not really. You can try loosening your stem a bit and pushing down hard on your bars whilst twisting them a little. But it probably wouldn't completely eliminate the wobble. Send dans an email telling them you want to ride your bike, but you're going to have to take it to a local shop to get it fixed. Be nice about it and they might reimburse you the cost or send you some free shit

|

1/25/2017 6:51 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Not really. You can try loosening your stem a bit and pushing down hard on your bars whilst twisting them a little. But it ...more

Do you know it is broken and not just loose? Parts come loose in shipping. I would email Dans (or call) and be very nice about it. They would either send you a return label and then send a new one out, or possible hook you up with the cost to have it fixed with a shop locally.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/26/2017 7:21 PM

Yeah Dans is really good with their customer service. They should help you out some way or another.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs