Bsd back street pro cassette hub

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2019 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2019 12:17 PM

I’ve never dealt with a cassette that didn’t have cone nuts. This classes comes with press fit cones. I’m having issues with this wheel, has 3/16” play in axle. I was told by some one on here to grab driver and try to pull it off. So I grabbed the driver and it pulled off so easily. Is this common on these hubs or is there more than just pulling it off with no pressure at all? Is it shot, I bought complete wheel with 10% off 😞

Thanks

|

9/24/2019 12:48 PM

|

9/24/2019 12:55 PM

When the wheel is tightened into the frame, the driver and cones are held in place by pressure. There shouldn’t be any wobble though

|

9/24/2019 1:00 PM

^^^🙏

|

9/24/2019 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2019 1:04 PM

So when its tight you are getting 3/16 play between the driver and the inside cone shoulder? Are the drop outs tight against both sides of the outside of the cones and do the cones move when tight or just the driver?

|

9/24/2019 1:16 PM

You’re good all pressfir conenut bmx hubs do this

|

9/24/2019 1:20 PM

Hit up lowes or the depot and find two washers/shims and put one on each side of the axle between the drop outs. Bring your verniers try 2 at 0.09 plus or minus a few .000s.

|

9/24/2019 1:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2019 1:24 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

That seems like poor engineering. I'm not saying your wrong. I have no experience with this style hub but I wouldn't be happy about it not knowing.

|

9/24/2019 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2019 12:18 PM

ESKEW77 wrote:

So when its tight you are getting 3/16 play between the driver and the inside cone shoulder? Are the drop outs tight against both sides of the outside of the cones and do the cones move when tight or just the driver?

Yes everything is tight. If I grab the wheel and go left to right I can feel the 3/16” play/wobble. Visually the driver is rigid and doesn’t seem to move. Since it don’t have cone nuts to tighten the driver down could the 3/16” be the movement of the actual driver left to right?
It’s minimal play but with cassette it was never the case unless there was an issue.
No experience with this type of press fit cones hub. It should be safe to ride?
My daughter has the she/male bsd back street pro cassette with no play at all. Tight and rigid.

Thanks to all who took time to respond 🙏

|

9/24/2019 3:19 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

For the price of the complete wheel hope you are correct 🙏

|

9/24/2019 8:21 PM

|

9/24/2019 8:26 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

The fuck is that?

|

9/24/2019 11:53 PM

There shouldn’t be any play at all. Sounds like something is slightly over machined, but it depends what’s causing the wobble. If the shell has been machined too much you can put a thin washer behind the bearing to cure it (some profile hubs develop a wobble, and this was the solution).
Personally, I’d strip it all, clean it, see if anything doesn’t seem right, then either address that, or reassemble with plenty of grease if it all looks right. Then have a test ride. But as it’s new, you’re probably better off getting it replaced under warranty, or at least looked at by a shop

|

9/25/2019 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2019 5:40 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

The fuck is that?

Corn nuts, bro. Get with the program.

|

9/25/2019 6:31 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

The fuck is that?

Spongeworthy wrote:

Hahaha. Forgot all about those.

|

9/25/2019 8:39 AM

.pegless. wrote:

There shouldn’t be any play at all. Sounds like something is slightly over machined, but it depends what’s causing the wobble. If the shell has been machined too much you can put a thin washer behind the bearing to cure it (some profile hubs develop a wobble, and this was the solution).
Personally, I’d strip it all, clean it, see if anything doesn’t seem right, then either address that, or reassemble with plenty of grease if it all looks right. Then have a test ride. But as it’s new, you’re probably better off getting it replaced under warranty, or at least looked at by a shop

Well I did send BSD an e-mail. I sent them pics and video.
They are shipping out s new complete wheel. I opted for female axle, they obliged.
Can you say awesome customer service.
BSD Forever ❤️

|

9/25/2019 10:58 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

If you hadnt, I was going to.

|

9/25/2019 12:52 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

ESKEW77 wrote:

The fuck is that?

Spongeworthy wrote:

😂😂 I’m not spongeworthy so no need to bust on deez nuts.
I’m very appreciative of those who helped out. 🙏

|