Bsd beverage

Related:
Create New Tag

5/12/2013 10:17 AM

I made a thread asking about this frame and a couple others already, but didnt get enough replies about the bevearge. Im stuck between this and the wza v3, but i still have the fit wifi and s&m btm on my mind too. The geometry of the beverage seems a bit shitty, like the 74.8 headtube or the 69.5 seat tube. Any input on it? I just feel like the geo sounds shitty like they took the middle of everything else. And would the 69.5 be noticable? Would you feel a noticable difference between the wza and beverage?

|

5/12/2013 1:25 PM

First, I think it's good they have an option like this. Having the same options repeated gets old. It's nice to have an in between. Second, I recently purchased an ATF. It seems legit. I think I would have also considered the hucker frame too. The btm was too short cs. But I like the feel of the frame. I have mutiny with a tapered tt, and its been a good sturdy frame, but i believe I will stray away from tapered tubes (beverage). But that's just me, you should get what you want.

Angles: 74.8 - 75.5 is a difference of roughly 8mm. (every .5 of a degree is roughly 6mm or 1/4") So a 32mm offset fork on the beverage will feel like a 24mm offset fork on the wifi. You will feel that.

A 21" tt beverage will feel roughly like a 20.8" tt because of the st angle. (every 1 degree of difference is roughly 3mm or 1/8")

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/seat-tube-angle,1282191 if you want more info.

Like I said, it's your frame, you should get what you want. If your still unsure, get a moon dust lime btm with chrome parts! Geah mc eiht!

|

Villain'll hold a bike like he's mean and his tummy hurt
In a clean pair, ripped jeans and a bummy shirt

5/12/2013 1:35 PM

Ive said before & im sure i'll say it again. I really do believe the Beverage is an inbetween frame. I cant believe Malouf really sat down & thought hmm yeah 74.5 or 75 i know i'll go exactly in the middle because obviously 75 is too steep & 74.5 isnt enough! Same goes for some more of the geo CBA going into that right now. I Love BSD, i really do but i just dont understand the Beverage! Im sure its a great frame like the rest of their frames just abit weird wassat I like the WZA also, Mike Taylor is a beast & im sure it will take anything you can throw at it. The longer head tube is a neat idea too, no annoying spacers! However if i really had to choose between your choices id go American made every time BTM for sure. Fuck whats Trendy, S&M make great frames & come on its Hoders frame! He grinds pegless on it too & the drop outs & chain stays seem to hold up just fine! Id go BTM!

|

5/12/2013 1:53 PM

anythings better than S&M/fit

i agree the beverage's geometry is a bit odd

i seen a kid riding the last gen WZA

|

5/12/2013 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 3:56 PM

Photo

This is my bike, And i'm just going to say it's the best frame i've ever owned, it's super responsive yet really easy to control, EVERYBODY loves my bike and riding my bike, because it's got such a nice geometry, It's not weird at all, or 'Shitty' it's just a geometry like every other frame on the market, i would buy a Beverage again and again if mine snapped...

WELL WORTH MY MONEY!
You should get it, it's better than the WZA

I have 32MM Odyssey forks and they feel like goddamn 20MM LOL!!
|

5/12/2013 3:56 PM

I'd go with the S&M/ Fit frame.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/12/2013 4:08 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'd go with the S&M/ Fit frame.

You're hooked on that Fit Wi/Fi tongue!!!

|

5/12/2013 4:20 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

anythings better than S&M/fit

i agree the beverage's geometry is a bit odd

i seen a kid riding the last gen WZA

No.

|

5/12/2013 5:41 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote: Photo

This is my bike, And i'm just going to say it's the best frame i've ever owned, it's super responsive yet really easy to control, EVERYBODY loves my bike and riding my bike, because it's got such a nice geometry, It's not weird at all, or 'Shitty' it's just a geometry like every other frame on the market, i would buy a Beverage again and again if mine snapped...

WELL WORTH MY MONEY!

Hows it better than the wza? And dont slam your seat, it doesnt look good slammed. Other than that and the headset spacers, your bike looks dope. Just gotta get that chrome front rim right? Haha. I know you want the headset spacers because of your brakes and gyro, but a taller dust cover would look better imo. Either way, if i get the bev or wza its gonna be in that sexy trans red, but if its for sure the bev id be a little stuck between the green, or red.

|

5/12/2013 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2013 6:35 PM

I love my wza feals great, I was also stuck between the beverage and it, and I feal like either way it would have been just as good, but I went with the wza because of the geo, even though there isn't really that big of a difference

EDIT: shitty spelling

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/12/2013 9:38 PM

WELL WORTH MY MONEY!

mmm1227 wrote:

Hows it better than the wza? And dont slam your seat, it doesnt look good slammed. Other than that and the headset spacers, your bike looks dope. Just gotta get that chrome front rim right? Haha. I know you want the headset spacers because of your brakes and gyro, but a taller dust cover would look better imo. Either way, if i get the bev or wza its gonna be in that sexy trans red, but if its for sure the bev id be a little stuck between the green, or red.

#1 I rode the WZA and it felt like every other frame, I bought the Beverage to be different and try something new, and it felt 10x better than the WZA.
#2 I have a slammed seat because i feel better riding that way, my standover is already 8.8, I can barspin just fine without rising the seat and i find no benefit from it, almost my seat gets in the way of my tailwhips cause my legs stay low which is annoying.. and my seat post is smaller than the slammed seat posts.
#3 The purple i about to be gone, i ordered all my new stuff from CRC and Evans a few days ago and just got my front wheel..

Just laced my front wheel and this is how it looks:

Photo

I'm waiting for my Shadow Corvus Chrome headset with headset spacers chrome, black tree steel sprocket, demolition mid bb, primo balance 7k rear rim, red spoke nipples, crankset and pedals, other than that my bikes done.

|

5/13/2013 7:45 AM

WELL WORTH MY MONEY!

mmm1227 wrote:

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

#1 I rode the WZA and it felt like every other frame, I bought the Beverage to be different and try something new, and it felt 10x better than the WZA.
#2 I have a slammed seat because i feel better riding that way, my standover is already 8.8, I can barspin just fine without rising the seat and i find no benefit from it, almost my seat gets in the way of my tailwhips cause my legs stay low which is annoying.. and my seat post is smaller than the slammed seat posts.
#3 The purple i about to be gone, i ordered all my new stuff from CRC and Evans a few days ago and just got my front wheel..

Just laced my front wheel and this is how it looks:

Photo

I'm waiting for my Shadow Corvus Chrome headset with headset spacers chrome, black tree steel sprocket, demolition mid bb, primo balance 7k rear rim, red spoke nipples, crankset and pedals, other than that my bikes done.

what gear ratio you running on that thing

|