Bsd passenger for techy stuff

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2018 7:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2018 7:03 AM

Is the bsd passenger good for more tech street kind of stuff (grind combos, quick moves, etc.) I'm just skeptical about the 11.5 bb height on it. I feel like the bike would feel sluggish because of it. I'm currently riding a 11.6 bb and like a 13.4 cs, and sometimes it just feels like the bike is stuck to ground or I cant get the bike to go where I want it to (for quicker maneuvers). I like everything about the passenger except for maybe the bb height. Do you thinks it would be fine for tech stuff or should I look into getting something more responsive.

|

6/29/2018 7:08 AM

It'd fine for tech stuff, Kriss Kyle is a beast on everything he touches. He goes very big on vert too- I'd say it's fine for just about everything, BSD does advertise it as a 'All Terrain' Geo. If you really want something that easy to throw around and rotate get a Safari or a Soulja, they have shorter Backends and Higher BBs.

|

6/29/2018 8:27 AM

Grind combos and quick moves are a huge part of Kriss Kyle's riding who came up with the geo for the Passenger. Short back end which should help a lot, I'm planning on picking one up myself.

|

6/29/2018 8:43 AM

Thanks guys for the replies. I was thinking about the safari but the standover seems too high cuz I wanna do tailwhips. It looks like the passenger might be the frame for me smile

|

6/29/2018 8:48 AM

Another thing, do you think I would be able to learn crooked grinds on the passenger with a 25t sprocket? I'm just wondering if the bb might be too low for the crooks

|

6/30/2018 10:35 PM

For regular crooks the sprocket shouldn’t get in the way. For switch crooks the sprocket is usually directly over top of the rail. I ride a 28t ak guard and it very slightly touches the rail on switch crooks with an 11.65 bb. The passenger has an 11.5 bb but with a 25t sprocket you’ll be fine with learning them both ways.

|

7/2/2018 5:22 PM

alright, thanks man smile

|