Budget Crmo Hubguards

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2019 6:03 PM

I need hubguards, I heard that crmo/steel is the best, but there is no way in hell i will pay $20+ for a single guard. I want to stay away from plastic but if that's the only option I'll do it. I have a properbikeco rear and coalition front hub(company doesnt exist anymore), so I need a universal one to fit.

|

I like riding my bike.

9/26/2019 8:29 PM

You get what you pay for, and $20 per metal hub guard is the price. Maybe only get a metal guard on the point where you throw the most abuse?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/26/2019 9:17 PM

Which Coalition hub is it? I had their 3/8" male axle hub awhile back and ran S&M Cymbals on it but ran the spokes heads in because the guards were too close to the flange, so I'd assume most other universal guards would be the same like the Mission one. They do include spacers to help with that problem, but then you run into the problem of your wheel not sitting in the forks straight giving it a dished look, and if you want 2 of them you have to spread the dropouts a lot

It's a bit more than you want to spend, but I highly recommend the S&M Cymbal rear guard. Mine's over 7 years old with tons of life left and I grind a fuckton. I've seen others wear down more, but most any chromoly one should be fine.

|

9/27/2019 3:37 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Which Coalition hub is it? I had their 3/8" male axle hub awhile back and ran S&M Cymbals on it but ran the spokes heads in because the guards were too close to the flange, so I'd assume most other universal guards would be the same like the Mission one. They do include spacers to help with that problem, but then you run into the problem of your wheel not sitting in the forks straight giving it a dished look, and if you want 2 of them you have to spread the dropouts a lot

It's a bit more than you want to spend, but I highly recommend the S&M Cymbal rear guard. Mine's over 7 years old with tons of life left and I grind a fuckton. I've seen others wear down more, but most any chromoly one should be fine.

I don't know what hub it is, all I know is that it's 4+ years old.

|

I like riding my bike.

9/27/2019 7:07 AM

bmxmanboy wrote:

I need hubguards, I heard that crmo/steel is the best, but there is no way in hell i will pay $20+ for a single guard. I want to stay away from plastic but if that's the only option I'll do it. I have a properbikeco rear and coalition front hub(company doesnt exist anymore), so I need a universal one to fit.

Make your own gsport style. 3/16” flat stock. Place in vice. Heat with torch, bend to desired angle. Grind edges smooth.

|