Budget-ish FC setup questions

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2014 7:39 PM

I have reeaallyy wanted to get a freecoaster for a WHILE and i finally might buy one. However, because the fc is more of a want, not a need (i really need new pedals and tires and stuff), im trying to keep it as inexpensive as i can. on dans the cheapest fc guard is the cult match hubguard, however im planning on buying the demolition rotator. Will that guard work with the rotator because theyre both pretty much khe clones? Also, does anyone know anything about the eclat trippin straight rim ? Its pinned but it doesnt seem too bad at first glance, i know eclat is legit and i do the occasional 5'+ drop but it should be able to support 130 pounds yeah? Thanks.

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

2/11/2014 7:52 PM

spend the extra 10 and get the federal, or better yet the cult
id go for a trippin or quadrant or something used if you can

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/11/2014 8:13 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

spend the extra 10 and get the federal, or better yet the cult
id go for a trippin or quadrant or something used if you can

The only advantages to the federal that i can see are a thrust bearing which seeing as i dont do crankflips i dont really think thats worth $15 more. Why do you think i should get the federal? Im not spending 30 more for the cult aha

|

2/11/2014 8:18 PM

the cult is definitely worth the 30 extra and more. the thrust bearing on both increases smoothness and durablility, and the cult is indestructible by coaster standards with its needle roller bearings
if it were me, id get the cult, no matter how much i hate the company
its a damn good hub

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/11/2014 8:32 PM

not old enough for real job+winter so no mowing lawns=not a lot of money lol

|

2/11/2014 8:43 PM

also adjustable slack on the demolition. lol all i really need to know is whats the cheapest guard i can get for the rotator besides the gland, and will the pinned eclat rim explode on the 5th decent sized drop i do. thank you for input though @bmxsteve

|

2/11/2014 9:34 PM

id go for the dg lt for a guard
the rim shoul dbe fine, on par with a quadrant i guess

|

2/11/2014 10:17 PM

Wateva U Do DOnt Get Cult Freecoaster My Friend Broke His Im 3 Weeks I Would Go With Federal Or Save Up For Freemix Imo

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

2/11/2014 10:19 PM

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

Wateva U Do DOnt Get Cult Freecoaster My Friend Broke His Im 3 Weeks I Would Go With Federal Or Save Up For Freemix Imo

How did it break? What exactly broke?

|

2/11/2014 10:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Idk I Hav To Ask Him It Waz Pretty Fukd Up Tho

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

2/11/2014 10:37 PM

might just get two dsg's

|

2/12/2014 4:48 AM

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

DGK_all_day_AKA_ wrote:

Idk I Hav To Ask Him It Waz Pretty Fukd Up Tho

This guy clearly knows what he's on about.....

Last time my mate said his bike was fucked, he just needed to rearange a spacer on his wheel... js

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/12/2014 1:42 PM

bump? dizzy thoughts on hubguard options?

|

2/12/2014 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 2:20 PM

not really helpfull, but i also think that those 30buck are worth for the cult.

Post 1500 smile

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/12/2014 2:42 PM

You could always get a hubgaurd like the fbm hubguad that will work on basically every hub. I run the alianation rush v2 ive had it since it came out with a fbmhub gaurd ad i haven't had much trouble with it, also i think The ezra freecoaster works wit the eastern pop and lock hub not sure how well it works though

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

2/12/2014 5:09 PM

Daily Grind LT, chromoly and very inexpensive ($20-). Universal for all 14mm hubs. Dans is currently sold out. Call them and ask when they will have them back, I believe it should be soon. If not, order elsewhere.

Also, lace it to a Sun Rhyno Lite XL. Incredibly cheap and durable. There is no better rim in its price range.

Also, empire has 10t Odyssey Reloader coasters for like $90 if you can deal with a 9t.

Reloader to Rhynolite w/ Daily Grind LT

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/12/2014 5:18 PM

Nvm. I did this up for you. Cheapest coaster set up youll get. 48h too which is always a plus.

Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/12/2014 5:57 PM

WuTrailClan wrote:

You could always get a hubgaurd like the fbm hubguad that will work on basically every hub. I run the alianation rush v2 ive had it since it came out with a fbmhub gaurd ad i haven't had much trouble with it, also i think The ezra freecoaster works wit the eastern pop and lock hub not sure how well it works though

the fbm hubguard really sucks, dont get it
aluminum slips easy and its pretty wide, and doesnt slide well at all

|