Build process.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2016 6:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2016 6:33 PM

Alright, I can't wait anymore. Im super excited about my current build. Heres a parts list
Lairdframe 21.25 (in the process of being built)energy green
Odyssey r25 forks black
Cult integrated headset black
Tree timmy theus tl stem black
Odyssey boss bars black
Odi longneck grips green
Odyssey par ends black
Cult mid 22mm bb black
Odyssey thunderbolt cranks black
Tree lite socket drive sprocket black
Odyssey keyckain gray
Odyssey grandstand pedals black
Cult tripod post black
Odyssey dugan tripod seat black
Colony wasp front hub black
Colony wasp cassette hub black
Kink atlas rims black
Eclat ridgestone slick tires green
Odyssey mpeg pegs

Heres a pic of what I have so far Photo

And heres a pic of what I expect it to look like.
Photo

|

3/15/2016 6:44 PM

Lose the green tires, add front and rear brakes and take off right side pegs and you have what my bike will look like once I can finish the paint on my frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/15/2016 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2016 7:06 PM

Lol nice try. I cant stand brakes. Im great at installing and adjusting them I just feel like they get in my way. And I don't like my rim paint being scrubbed off.

However I have thought about white wall tires

|

3/15/2016 7:31 PM

Aaron_Whitmore Jr. wrote:

Lol nice try. I cant stand brakes. Im great at installing and adjusting them I just feel like they get in my way. And I don't like my rim paint being scrubbed off.

However I have thought about white wall tires

What was I trying?

I literally said my bike (once paint is done) will be Lime green with black everything, just like that, but I have front and rear brakes, and only run 2 pegs.

Also I ran red rims for 3 years without appearance of brake use on the rims. If they aren't rubbing you shouldn't run into an issue with clear pads.

To each their own. Brakes are super fun. Most kids these days come up with lame excuses like "they only slow you down" (NO DUH). If you aren't a fan, that's fine. But my thoughts are you better have the control to back up the lack of them, or I WILL give you a hard time.

Also if you are great at installing/adjusting, what gets in the way? Brake lever? There are ways around that, smaller lever, running it a bit further in, having a lever designed for the curve of the bars, and just plain getting used to it being there.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/15/2016 9:38 PM

Lol sorry read that wrong. It's not the caliper or lever its the cable. I don't exactly know what it is but on certain bikes im extremely picky about the cables. on other bikes I don't really mind running brakes. Idk

|

3/15/2016 10:22 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

What was I trying?

I literally said my bike (once paint is done) will be Lime green with black everything, just like that, but I have front and rear brakes, and only run 2 pegs.

Also I ran red rims for 3 years without appearance of brake use on the rims. If they aren't rubbing you shouldn't run into an issue with clear pads.

To each their own. Brakes are super fun. Most kids these days come up with lame excuses like "they only slow you down" (NO DUH). If you aren't a fan, that's fine. But my thoughts are you better have the control to back up the lack of them, or I WILL give you a hard time.

Also if you are great at installing/adjusting, what gets in the way? Brake lever? There are ways around that, smaller lever, running it a bit further in, having a lever designed for the curve of the bars, and just plain getting used to it being there.

Ayeeee. Brakes for life!

This build you got going here will be super, Aaron! Can't wait to see!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/16/2016 4:40 AM

Thanks, im extremely excited about it!

|

3/16/2016 6:59 AM

sponsored by Monster? haha

Good luck on the build man looking forward to the result

|


| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!


3/16/2016 11:28 AM

I too am excited to see it.

Side note: too windy to paint my setup. Bummed. I don't have access to a garage or windless area. I was hoping to have a base coat or two on there before today, so I could clear tonight and/or in the morning a bunch and let it dry to HOPEFULLY snag a session friday.

Now it looks like I will be sessioning my fatbike. Nuts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2016 4:56 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

sponsored by Monster? haha

Good luck on the build man looking forward to the result

Thanks!

|

3/16/2016 4:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I too am excited to see it.

Side note: too windy to paint my setup. Bummed. I don't have access to a garage or windless area. I was hoping to have a base coat or two on there before today, so I could clear tonight and/or in the morning a bunch and let it dry to HOPEFULLY snag a session friday.

Now it looks like I will be sessioning my fatbike. Nuts.

Yeah ive been there. Ended up waiting a whole winter to paint a frame because it got way cold way too soon unexpectedly.
Bummer.

|

3/16/2016 5:03 PM

Aaron_Whitmore Jr. wrote:

Yeah ive been there. Ended up waiting a whole winter to paint a frame because it got way cold way too soon unexpectedly.
Bummer.

The kicker is the day I started to strip it down was 70 degrees and sunny. Got it stripped and sanded, and then it was pretty late, so I figured the next day would be ok. Got it primed, and it was super cold compared to the day before (like 45-50 degrees) and I was able to get a thin coat of white on since then to make the color pop better. Since then it has been either too cold or windy and I don't have a garage.

SUCKS.

If I wasn't married with a kid I would just paint it in my bathroom and leave the fan on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2016 5:37 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The kicker is the day I started to strip it down was 70 degrees and sunny. Got it stripped and sanded, and then it was pretty late, so I figured the next day would be ok. Got it primed, and it was super cold compared to the day before (like 45-50 degrees) and I was able to get a thin coat of white on since then to make the color pop better. Since then it has been either too cold or windy and I don't have a garage.

SUCKS.

If I wasn't married with a kid I would just paint it in my bathroom and leave the fan on.

Lol right

|