Building/upgrading my bike

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2012 4:17 AM

I want to add some cool stuff to a old mongoose i have, i am going to by some chrome cranks, chrome bars, and maybe a new stem but i am not entirely sure if its worth keeping the old mongoose logo frame.

eventually i will replace the entire bike but i am trying to save some money and i just want to do the upgrade slowly

|

9/18/2012 4:21 AM

replace parts that are broken but keep the ones that are not then just upgrade it slowly that way

|

9/18/2012 5:04 AM

save your money and buy a new bike

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

9/18/2012 5:08 AM

vanny wrote:

save your money and buy a new bike

This, don't bother with an old crappy mongoose.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/18/2012 5:55 AM

Save and buy a new one.
I don't even recommend learning on a mongoose. No offense, but your life is at risk while riding one of those.
Some friends and myself have bought 3 haros in the past month on craigslist for under $75 a piece.
Granted, they aren't they greatest bike, and they weigh more than a dump truck. They are solid though, and decent bikes to learn on.
If you don't mind saying, where are you located? I'll browse around your local craigslist and see if I find anything worth looking into.

|