Bunny hops

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2017 1:34 PM

Alright so this is kinda embarrassing, but I've been riding for almost a year now, and still can't bunny hop... I've watched almost all the tutorials and try to do it exactly how they say, but I can't seem to do it right. What am I doing wrong (this video is old but basically the same way I hop as of now)?

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

3/15/2017 2:05 PM

It looks like you're lifting both wheels at the same time. You need to pull the front up loads, like a manual, then hop the back wheel up just before you get to the loop out point

|

3/16/2017 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2017 3:33 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It looks like you're lifting both wheels at the same time. You need to pull the front up loads, like a manual, then hop the back wheel up just before you get to the loop out point

Yes, exactly.

To bunnyhop high, you have to pull the front end up high, THEN lift the back end.

In some ways, it's kind of like an Ollie in skateboarding.

"

Photo
|

3/16/2017 3:41 PM

I just got my ollies on lock on my skateboard so that hopefully will help a little

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

3/16/2017 6:17 PM

Rbxy wrote:

I just got my ollies on lock on my skateboard so that hopefully will help a little

The bike does a similar motion, you don't.

Pre-load(scrunch down a little), pull up(kinda like a really steep manny), tuck the back up and then land. The higher the front wheel goes, the higher you'll go and all of this should be done in one fluid motion. It may take a while to get good ones but it'll make everything much easier.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson