Bunnyhoppin higher

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2008 5:31 PM

Now i know you've heard this before but i cant find any because all posts about his are buried in other posts and a swirling vortex that cant be escaped. So, on that note, how can you bunnyhop higher? I know its practice but it seems i got higher really quick then all of a sudden i stopped and progress is done. i can hop like 10 inches tops maybe less, what can i do to speed it up? will hopping onto things speed it up instead of over things or flat?

|

Acquire second hand-profit

9/29/2008 5:38 PM

im the same way right now, im stuck at like a 2 foot bunnyhop and wish i could go higher

|

9/29/2008 5:39 PM

1. Weight back...as if you're doing a manual
2. Pull up with your arms and push down with your legs to lift the front up (see, the bike is like a lever)
3. The back wheel won't come up much (if at all) farther than the front wheel does, so focus on getting the front wheel up for a little bit, then the next step is getting the rear wheel up.
4. Push the bars forward and tuck your legs up to unweight the pedals...this levels out the bike.
5. Land.

The answer to your question is that having an obstacle to focus on getting over helps A LOT....in fact, I'd say it's the BEST method to get higher bunnyhops...it helps so much. It doesn't really matter if you're jumping over or onto something...both ways are great for getting the right form, timing, and more height.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

9/29/2008 5:44 PM

hey thanks. and tibug, if u watched he primo b=video, it should be every color of the rainbow, no homo.

|

Acquire second hand-profit

9/29/2008 5:48 PM

If you have a bike pump that stands, lift up the handle to about as high as you think you can jump. If you tip it over you wont crash. I use my pump all the time to see how high I can jump and I get over handlebars.

Yes, the trick is to have some kind of obstacle to jump over. It will help you jump higher because you may think you can't do it but you actually can. It also gives you an idea of how high you can jump as well.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

9/29/2008 5:48 PM

JSFER2 wrote:

hey thanks. and tibug, if u watched he primo b=video, it should be every color of the rainbow, no homo.

LOlz, I watched that...I SWEAR on my life that I had my sig before I saw that video...no homo.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

9/29/2008 6:43 PM

i would say onto thingsa is easrier cause if u case it your less scrwed

|

ride often ride always

9/29/2008 6:45 PM

i have a fear of jumping off shit..i feel like my front tire is going to go straight in the ground and imma flip over the handlebars, probably because of that happening to me twice at a young age.

|

9/29/2008 6:52 PM

well thats bniking man u can t be afraid u gotta have confidenc

|

ride often ride always

9/29/2008 7:10 PM

jeezow mirraco learn how to spell its driving me nuts

|

9/29/2008 7:18 PM

Practice over things, you go higher over things

|

<insert signature here>

9/29/2008 7:25 PM

hppin onto shit is wat helped me i cant hop over shit i get way to nervous if i wont make it n ill crash but hoppin onto shit at an angle or sideways is easier for me also then hoppin straight onto it cuz i get afraid my back tire will hit

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

9/29/2008 7:25 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

hppin onto shit is wat helped me i cant hop over shit i get way to nervous if i wont make it n ill crash but hoppin onto shit at an angle or sideways is easier for me also then hoppin straight onto it cuz i get afraid my back tire will hit

same

|

9/29/2008 7:27 PM

i can hop like a good 5 inches over bar height tho

|

9/29/2008 7:28 PM

wow
how big r u guys that can hop bar height?
i cant even hop stem height yet
is it because im only 5 foot 1 and weigh 85 pounds? haa

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/29/2008 7:30 PM

hop onto things it helped me more

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

9/29/2008 7:31 PM

redbeard227 wrote:

wow
how big r u guys that can hop bar height?
i cant even hop stem height yet
is it because im only 5 foot 1 and weigh 85 pounds? haa

im 5 7 weigh 155 but ive always been able to hop mad high even back when i started ridin on my 50 pound huffy kmart bike lol

|

9/29/2008 7:34 PM

ahaha
i suck at hoping

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/29/2008 7:55 PM

hop the bar!?!?! hop the stem?!!?! i can barely hop the tire lol

|