Bunnyhops

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2011 4:02 PM

ok...so the past couple of days ive really tried to polish up my bunnyhops so i have them 100 percent dialed for when spring finally comes. So, were not just talking 3 bunnyhops and then done, this is like a whole session of only bunnyhops. After i get off my bike my lower back is absolutely killing me. It feels like my back needs to be cracked, but it doesnt crack no matter what i try. Am i bunnyhopping wrong somehow? Or are my bars to short? Whatever, any ideas would deffinatly help. Thanks!

|

1/28/2011 4:05 PM

I dunno what you are asking?

Medical advice?

Bunnyhoping takes work so its natural to be sore/stiff after practicing.

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

1/28/2011 4:09 PM

if youre doing a big bunny hop, try landing leaning back a little bit and landing back tire first, and you will gently feel your front end being lowered to the ground if you do it right.

sometimes ill hop off something really big and ill land just right where it feels like im just putting a manual down.

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

1/28/2011 4:10 PM

when i had smaller bars my lower back would hurt after a long day of riding... i dont have that problem anymore.

do you feel hunched over when you ride?

|

1/28/2011 4:10 PM

this sounds gay.. a bunnyhop session? are you 12? ummm whats your tt length? maybe its too short. what is the rise of your bars?

|

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

1/28/2011 4:13 PM

burkminipup wrote:

this sounds gay.. a bunnyhop session? are you 12? ummm whats your tt length? maybe its too short. what is the rise of your bars?

why is practising to get a trick dialled gay?

|

1/28/2011 4:15 PM

brianoob wrote:

This!

I get back pains all the time, you need taller bars. I'm 5'10" and 9x30" bars are good.

|

1/28/2011 4:18 PM

burkminipup wrote:

brianoob wrote:

this is true. but i guess in my opinion bunny hopping over and over is really boring. if i was trying to dial a trick id just commit a majority of my session to it

|

BIKE CHECK RIGHT HERE [:

twitter @burkminipup

refs: AndySubrosa8, spikez5, njbmxerdude, hcmike, TCbmx [x2], HenHouseSuprise, ScramHype [x2], Josh_Steinhauser, bstick, jb07, FreddyDapice

1/28/2011 4:18 PM

LOL yall are a trip!
People needs to practice bunnyhops

Most people can barely hop 1-2 feet

I practiced my bunnyhops for months, and now I'm hopping 36 inches with ease! wink

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

1/28/2011 4:23 PM

Stretch your lower back muscles various times a day and do exercises to make your muscles stronger

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

1/28/2011 4:25 PM

burkminipup wrote:

brianoob wrote:

burkminipup wrote:

this is true. but i guess in my opinion bunny hopping over and over is really boring. if i was trying to dial a trick id just commit a majority of my session to it

it is your opinion, let him do what he wants.

|

BOTM february 2011.

1/28/2011 7:04 PM

landing on flat ground will compress your spine.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

1/28/2011 7:15 PM

chief brah wrote:

when i had smaller bars my lower back would hurt after a long day of riding... i dont have that problem anymore.

do you feel hunched over when you ride?

not especially, im 5' 3" and i ride 8" bars i feel like im like over th bars u no? like my bottom brackets high. i have a sunday funday to which i think has a 11.5 bottom bracket height. it just feels like im bout to go over the bars. its not hunched. u no?

|

1/28/2011 7:15 PM

burkminipup wrote:

brianoob wrote:

this

|

1/28/2011 7:17 PM

burkminipup wrote:

brianoob wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

This!

I get back pains all the time, you need taller bars. I'm 5'10" and 9x30" bars are good.

see, i dnt wanna get like really tall bars because i dnt wanna waste money if i dnt like them. plus i dnt wanna limit my range of motion.

|

1/28/2011 7:37 PM

You might just be going too high, like pulling the front wayy higher then it needs to be to the point where its almost vertical, then you cant pull up the back right. This happens to me somethines, i pull the front up way higher than i can go and end up dong a lame small bunnyhop, then my spine feels ilke shit.

|

I suck!

1/28/2011 7:54 PM

The fuck you dial a bunnyhop? bunnyhops are dialed by default, no one ever fucks up on a bunnyhop.

|

1/28/2011 9:21 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

The fuck you dial a bunnyhop? bunnyhops are dialed by default, no one ever fucks up on a bunnyhop.

i disagree...ive seen my fair share of bhop fails

|

Silence is golden ductape is silver

Achin 4 Bacon wrote: thats cause aussie cops dont use guns..they use boomarangs.

learn to do shit before you talk shit

1/28/2011 9:27 PM

awkwardstyle36 wrote:

see, i dnt wanna get like really tall bars because i dnt wanna waste money if i dnt like them. plus i dnt wanna limit my range of motion.

get some shorter bars and a stem that brings the bars lower.

|

KingsRideShop FTW
cupovjoe wrote: I WAS TALKING ABOUT TACOS YOU SICK FUCK

1/28/2011 9:28 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

FITFOREVERK-DOG wrote:

i disagree...ive seen my fair share of bhop fails

this. you call 3 inch bunnyhops dialed?

|

1/28/2011 10:57 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

haha didnt you get taken out by that barrier?

|

1/28/2011 11:04 PM

How are you going about dialing those bunnyhops mr. sir?
im gonna jump on that bandwagon

|

Waaaaa!!! Soo rucky!!!!

Repping the ratchet

Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things sneaky - Kingshawty12

"fuckin dumb. damn stupid ass fuckin" - plasticisnotanoption

1/28/2011 11:13 PM

Lol, i learnt good hops before anything.

|

1/29/2011 6:41 AM

BlessedReport wrote:

How are you going about dialing those bunnyhops mr. sir?
im gonna jump on that bandwagon

Pretty simple man, i just ride in the basement (cause theres really nowhere else). I just bunnyhop...u no how u can kinda gauge whats high and whats not? i just keep on hopping untill i feel like thats as high as i could go.

|

1/29/2011 2:44 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

Fbm Marauder wrote:

haha didnt you get taken out by that barrier?

yea but still, a 3inch hop is still a hop

|

1/29/2011 2:50 PM

Anyone else have the problem of doing BHOPs at higher speeds. Its so not cash. ruins my Garret Reyonolds wanna be ness.

|

I already know I'm a Newfag

1/29/2011 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2011 2:55 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

my friend tried to bunnyhop over a manhole in the middle of the road, and went over the bars. 2 times.

|

BOTM february 2011.

1/29/2011 3:25 PM

maybe your TT is too short, if you're over the bars, or you could get a longer stem

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

1/29/2011 3:57 PM

Chances are you are pretty skinny an weak so you have to use too much of your back and it hurts.

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/30/2011 7:15 AM

senorita jim wrote:

Chances are you are pretty skinny an weak so you have to use too much of your back and it hurts.

love u too...

|