The Take Ivy 5 vs Cult Butter Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2013 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2013 11:12 PM

So a year ago, my bike was stolen and now finally I'm getting a new setup and back into the BMX game. I am stuck between choosing frames though.
1) Cult Butter Frame

2) The Take Ivy 5

-I am looking for the more controlling and responsive frame. Both look pretty solid the main difference is the chainstay length and standover.
INPUTS?

|

8/5/2013 12:35 AM

Ivy hands down

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/5/2013 12:41 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Ivy hands down

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/5/2013 1:38 AM

Take ftw

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/5/2013 6:51 AM

I would go with the Ivy but only because I personally like the geo more.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/5/2013 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2013 7:24 AM

I rode an Ivy 3 S.T for about a year & a half. Great Frame! My one was the first model to start using the Super Therm Tubing, hence the S.T.. The only thing that's really changed since then geometry wise is a slightly higher Stand Over Height, which is still low by todays standards! The Geometry between the too is pretty different in a couple of quite important areas though, the BB Height & the Chain Stay Length. 11.5", 13.25" & 11.8", 13.55" respectively, They are going to ride differently! The Take is American made by FBM & is a pretty no frills Frame were as the Butter is Taiwanese made & has all sorts of features using Invest Casting. Cult have a bit of a Crappy Image but the Butter is a good, well thought out Frame, you cannot take that away from them! The Take is always a good, well thought out Frame also but with a way better less serious, more fun image. At the end of the day it should be the quality of the product & the geometry of your choice that sways the decision, but i personally would go with the Take every time.

|

8/5/2013 7:26 AM

obvious answer

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/5/2013 7:40 AM

The Take all day

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/5/2013 8:22 AM

The Take. Cult is shit. And the take is lighter and way more responsive.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/5/2013 8:26 AM

Thaaa Takeee

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/5/2013 9:30 AM

I loved my Cult Deathrow, but, of those two, definitely the Take Ivy.

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

8/5/2013 8:29 PM

The Take has been added to my cart smile Thanks guys

|

8/5/2013 8:37 PM

CHANCExBMX wrote:

The Take has been added to my cart smile Thanks guys

Awesome man! No problem, I'd like to try one someday : D

|

45 refs and counting check profile.