Buying Tip - Custom BMX - Newbie

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2020 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 10:07 AM

Hello everybody,

after three years of sports break i am looking for a new activity.
I have been actively jogging for over 15 years, meanwhile riding a racing bike and playing football.
Now I thought of street bmx to cover short distances and learn a few simple tricks.

I am 171 cm tall and am thinking of a frame between 20.5 ", 20.75" and 21 ".

I would also like to buy a used BMX, unfortunately I do not know enough about it here, but think this is a good offer.
Please give a short help what you think about it.

- Federal Churchill frame 20,6"
- Federal handlebar
- Federal freecoaster 9t
- BSD hub in front
- Envy fork
- Eklat chainring 28t
- Demolition crank
- Odisswy rhino lite rim rear
- United rim forne
- Odissey pegs
- Rear brake Salt

Price: 370 US Dollar
Is this price fair?

I think this equpiment is good to start. What do you think?

Thank you for helping me
and sorry my english is not so good.

Dau7hy

|

1/19/2020 5:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 5:55 PM

Someone else will have to chime in on the price and parts but what is up with that brake lever and brake cable. Never seen anyone run the rear brakes on the left like that.

|

1/19/2020 7:40 PM

It’s a good bike.

$350 is fair, but I’m sure you can get it for $200-300 if you play your cards right.

Left handed people will ride the lever on the left sometimes, or people with right hand/wrist injuries.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/19/2020 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 11:41 PM

quick16g wrote:

Someone else will have to chime in on the price and parts but what is up with that brake lever and brake cable. Never seen anyone run the rear brakes on the left like that.

Out here in Australia the rear brake is always cabled to the left side.

|

1/19/2020 11:21 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It’s a good bike.

$350 is fair, but I’m sure you can get it for $200-300 if you play your cards right.

Left handed people will ride the lever on the left sometimes, or people with right hand/wrist injuries.

Makes senses. Just something I don't believe I have ever seen anyone ever do. The cable routed on the left side of the frame along with the lever makes it even stranger looking.

|

1/20/2020 12:20 AM

quick16g wrote:

tempocyclist wrote:

Out here in Australia the rear brake is always cabled to the left side.

Same in the U.K

|

1/20/2020 12:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 11:31 AM

Sorry, this Picture was wrong (mirrored).
The brakes are in the right Side.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312944333192

I bought this bike, thx. I think the price is fair and i will drive.
In Germany it is not so easy to get good used bmx bikes.

|

1/22/2020 10:23 AM

Dau;

Homey the federal church hill frame is a super super good do it all geometry. It is essentially the same as the S&M WAMO frame and I’ve written it a bunch and compared it to more street oriented designs and more trail oriented designs and overall at both the extremes of the bicycle geometry spectrumI seriously personally feel the Geo of an S&M Whammo or a federal Churchhill Is the best middle ground geometry you can get. By it and have fun.

|

1/23/2020 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2020 3:00 PM

Totally depends on condition but if it looks clean not bad. Doesn't mean anything is aftermarket either could be a bunch of stock parts off a complete.

|