Buying a bmx EDIT:or buy new bars for my old heavy shit?(bottom post)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2015 7:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2015 7:26 PM

So, if I choose from like between these ones, which should I get and which is the best?

http://www.kunstform.org/en/sunday-bikes-soundwave-special-gary-young-2015-bmx-bike-p-7131
http://www.kunstform.org/en/kink-search-2015-bmx-bike-p-6952
http://www.kunstform.org/en/colony-endeavour-2015-bmx-bike-p-6925

obvs, the sunday bike is best(?), but does the bike and quality justify the price or are the other two almost as good as it? EDIT: clearification,
the sunday is better, but im not comparing them, i mean the bike to price ratio.

or should I just say fuck it and go for the sunday one?

I am open for other/better alternatives and customs, but not more expensive than the sunday one. also kunstform only since i live in sweden(europe)

I want a solid, hard to brake bike, preferably below like 11kg.

Dont shit on me, I'm a newb on parts and different bikes.

|

2/27/2015 7:17 PM

Go with the Soundwave, you would be dumb not to. All the parts on it are superior to the parts on the other bikes. Plus warranty.

|

2/27/2015 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2015 7:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Go with the Soundwave, you would be dumb not to. All the parts on it are superior to the parts on the other bikes. Plus ...more

obviously, like i said, but does the price justify it, or is it really good for the parts you get?

cuz it is still a lot of money..

|

2/27/2015 7:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Go with the Soundwave, you would be dumb not to. All the parts on it are superior to the parts on the other bikes. Plus ...more

roberrrtz wrote:

obviously, like i said, but does the price justify it, or is it really good for the parts you get?

cuz it is still a lot of ...more

You get good parts. It is worth the price.

|

2/27/2015 7:26 PM

The frame, fork, crank & wheels alone are all worth more than the bike itself, so I'd say it's worth it.

A lot of the parts on the other bikes you listed are pretty generic, with the Sunday though, you're getting all aftermarket parts.

With the other bikes, you're really just paying for a few name brand parts and generic parts made specifically for stock bikes. Not saying they aren't good though, but the Sunday blows them out of the water, and that's not even a biased opinion either because I know some idiot will come in and tell you Sunday is a fanboy company (Brayden) but the Sunday really does come stacked with amazing parts.

|

2/27/2015 7:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

The frame, fork, crank & wheels alone are all worth more than the bike itself, so I'd say it's worth it.

A lot of the ...more

okay, ill see when the euro comes down a little, to save a little cash, if i decide to buy it :p

how much did your cost? approx.

|

2/28/2015 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2015 7:24 AM

Or what bike would you guys recommend me that is cheaper, but the same size parts(edit: like 21TT, (or would i notice between 20.75 and 21?)and 8.5-9 bars and close or same frame shape etc.), preferably as light as possible and wont brake that easy since im 189cm and 90kg.
Oh, and if possible, black, or at least a clean colorway, not like retarded on some bikes.
I had (still do, but its shit, i was12 or 13 when i got it, thats why it went shit, fork bends in when i tighten the axle nuts, backwheel wobbles etc. everything feels wrong for some reason) a Haro Nyquist One 2007, but it feels weird like in the shape, and heavy.

the sunday bike is the upper limit of what i would consider spending. so i would preferably go cheaper.

|

2/28/2015 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2015 6:52 PM

roberrrtz wrote:

Or what bike would you guys recommend me that is cheaper, but the same size parts(edit: like 21TT, (or would i notice between ...more

Ijust weighed the haro, it weighs 13 kg exactly stripped, fkn 13KG!!!
and the bar is a 7, on a frontload stem....

no wonders why it feels weird

|

3/1/2015 6:36 AM

Is it worth buying a new bar and stem that i can re-use on a future build?
or should i stick with it and buy a new bike later?

|

3/5/2015 7:32 AM

bump

|

3/5/2015 12:45 PM

Buy better parts as you break them. Or if you feel it will progress your riding

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

3/6/2015 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2015 2:09 PM

iFit wrote:

Buy better parts as you break them. Or if you feel it will progress your riding

well, the thing is that the bike is prolly a 20in TT and has a 7in bar....

and im 6'2.5...

|