Buying a complete, i need some advice doods

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2013 3:57 PM

Just getting back into bmx and bought a verde cadet off of craigslist in good condition for a hundred bucks and mann what a shitty bike. No one really seems to like stolen, cult, verde and a few others for good reason id assume so i was thinking about buying a wtp or fit complete with a spending limit of $550. Any suggestions or completes to stay away from? Also need a durable complete im 6'4 240 pounds, ive slayed a few bikes so far.

|

10/4/2013 4:01 PM

Danscomp has 2013's on sale now, but if I were you, I'd get an aftermarket frame on sale and go from there. Completes don't have long enough frames for us taller guys. There was a redline g7 frame in the for sale section for $150. Great deal. I've been riding mine for almost 2 years. It's a 21.25" TT as well. Perfect for tall peeps.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/4/2013 4:11 PM

build a custom. completes are more so designed for little kids unless you plan to spend 1000 for the top of the line ones. you can build a used custom for like 500.

|

10/4/2013 4:13 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Danscomp has 2013's on sale now, but if I were you, I'd get an aftermarket frame on sale and go from there. Completes don't have long enough frames for us taller guys. There was a redline g7 frame in the for sale section for $150. Great deal. I've been riding mine for almost 2 years. It's a 21.25" TT as well. Perfect for tall peeps.

I figured id be ok with a 21" tt complete but if i cant find something i like ill just go with a custom but i also heard that its better to get a complete cause its more dialed or w.e but what do i know ive only been ridin for a few months gettin back into it

|

10/4/2013 4:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2013 4:26 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

build a custom. completes are more so designed for little kids unless you plan to spend 1000 for the top of the line ones. you can build a used custom for like 500.

A used custom? I dont know if id trust the parts man ive busted my ass on my verde already because i bent my sprocket somehow, figured id go all new but i guess im assed out at 550

|

10/4/2013 4:17 PM

Getblunted wrote:

A used custom? I dont know if id trust the parts man ive busted my ass on my verde already because i bent my sprocket somehow, figured id go all new but i guess im assed out at 550

I've bought very few new parts, used parts are okay ive seen good deals on here like 150 for a brand new condition frame etc. It all depends on the condition. some used parts people just bought them and didnt like them. my bike is 90% used and its fairly decent.

|

10/4/2013 4:21 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Getblunted wrote:

Scenekid69 wrote:

I've bought very few new parts, used parts are okay ive seen good deals on here like 150 for a brand new condition frame etc. It all depends on the condition. some used parts people just bought them and didnt like them. my bike is 90% used and its fairly decent.

Nice, something to consider than but are completes really that shitty?

|

10/4/2013 4:26 PM

Getblunted wrote:

The lower end ones are. I've seen 100 lb kids break the stock fit frames, you don't seem like a little kid at your height and size (no offence) once you start really progressing you'll want parts that are strong. It's just kinda more worth it to invest the money if you're gonna stick with it.

|

10/4/2013 4:30 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Getblunted wrote:

Scenekid69 wrote:

The lower end ones are. I've seen 100 lb kids break the stock fit frames, you don't seem like a little kid at your height and size (no offence) once you start really progressing you'll want parts that are strong. It's just kinda more worth it to invest the money if you're gonna stick with it.

I guess so, i seem to destroy bottom brackets and sprockets

|

10/4/2013 5:33 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Getblunted wrote:

Scenekid69 wrote:

I've had a Tech 2.5 for 2 years and 3 different owners.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/4/2013 6:12 PM

Get a 21.25 aftermarket frame, some forks, and some 29-30x8.75-10 bars and deal with the stock wheels and cranks and such for now. I think those specs sound about perfect for someone 6"4'

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/4/2013 6:30 PM

When I got back I into it, I picked up a Redline Column, and hated the way it felt. A month later I started building a custom. Used can be a great way to go, if you have patience.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/4/2013 7:08 PM

Getblunted wrote:

I figured id be ok with a 21" tt complete but if i cant find something i like ill just go with a custom but i also heard that its better to get a complete cause its more dialed or w.e but what do i know ive only been ridin for a few months gettin back into it

Completes are absolutely not more dialled than a custom. If you know how to put a bike together a custom will be far better

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/4/2013 8:06 PM

Custom it is than. Really was hoping that a wtp fit or sunday rig would be durable enough as long as everythings chromly, i know nothing is going to last crazy long but after my good and shitty experiences on my verde cadet i need to not fuck up and by a real bike

|

10/4/2013 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2013 8:27 PM

Getblunted wrote:

Custom it is than. Really was hoping that a wtp fit or sunday rig would be durable enough as long as everythings chromly, i know nothing is going to last crazy long but after my good and shitty experiences on my verde cadet i need to not fuck up and by a real bike

if you really wanted to get a complete get the haro 500 series, sunday brodcaster, or a fit mac 3 complete that are a 100% chromoly and i think sell for around your budget and they come in 21" TT

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/4/2013 8:59 PM

Dude shell out a grand and get a WTP Envy. Things are about the most custom complete you can get , and boy are they dialed ! More custom parts then any other bike.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/4/2013 9:51 PM

^Yes, I love my WTP Envy but truthfully the only stock parts left on it aside from the frame are the headset, BB, and cranks due to either parts not suiting me or wearing out (I bought it on craigslist too, for less than half of retail). If you're on a strict $550 budget, I agree with Tim and getting a new frame and a few other items and then using what you already have on your current bike until you can switch out, etc.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/4/2013 10:25 PM

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/7/2013 2:12 PM

Sunday Soundwave looks alright.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/7/2013 2:19 PM

Kink completes always please

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/7/2013 2:29 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Get a 21.25 aftermarket frame, some forks, and some 29-30x8.75-10 bars and deal with the stock wheels and cranks and such for now. I think those specs sound about perfect for someone 6"4'

I would say this i mean just replace parts on your bike no need to buy a whole new one just replace parts when they break or when you want new ones.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/11/2013 6:50 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

I would say this i mean just replace parts on your bike no need to buy a whole new one just replace parts when they break or when you want new ones.

Yea but my verde cadet fuckin sucks asssss i was thinkin either the 2014 united KL40 expert or the 2014 fit mac 3. Ive heard mixed things about fit but i dont see how a chromly can do me wrong

|

10/11/2013 7:06 PM

I coulda told you... My verde prism fucking sucks
Uhhmmm kink is good on completes around that price :3 thats what id reccomend. im getting the 2014 kink liberty

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/11/2013 7:11 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Dude shell out a grand and get a WTP Envy. Things are about the most custom complete you can get , and boy are they dialed ! More custom parts then any other bike.

If your balling out, get the Shadow X Subrosa Turnt To 11 or Shadow X The Hundreds.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/11/2013 7:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Getblunted wrote:

Yea but my verde cadet fuckin sucks asssss i was thinkin either the 2014 united KL40 expert or the 2014 fit mac 3. Ive heard mixed things about fit but i dont see how a chromly can do me wrong

I can understand buying a new bike... it's harder to replace EVERY SINGLE part all at once.. which is what happens with the verde completes

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/11/2013 7:34 PM

Getblunted wrote:

jj0996 wrote:

if you really wanted to get a complete get the haro 500 series, sunday brodcaster, or a fit mac 3 complete that are a 100% chromoly and i think sell for around your budget and they come in 21" TT

Buying the mac 3 or united, still lookin up both of em but leanin more towards the mac 3

|

10/11/2013 7:39 PM

Also bent my fuckin sprocket and busted my ass on my bike so im not even ridin at the moment, any strong sprockets out there i can put on my verde cause im probably gunna buy the new sprocket when i buy my new bike might as well have 2 working bikes

|

10/11/2013 10:58 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/102423.php just shell out another 150$. trust me,it's worth it

|

10/12/2013 2:06 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Getblunted wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I can understand buying a new bike... it's harder to replace EVERY SINGLE part all at once.. which is what happens with the verde completes

Yeah, definitely what happen with verde completes Haha. I had a prism and now, 1.7 years later, the only stock things are bb, cranks and forks.
Its worth it buying a good bike trust me.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

10/12/2013 6:02 AM

Get a Sunday. They have probably some of the stronger stock frames with the Wave Downtube and stuff! Thats your best bet man. I think completes are just fine, go ahead and get one. Just make sure it has this:

Full Chromoly frame-you need this because it is much stronger material, a bit lighter in some cases, and it will last longer.
One or Two Gussets-it adds a lot of strength to the front end.
Double Walled Rims-your wheels will be a lot stronger and less likely to come untrue.
Sealed Bearings!!!- Make sure atleast the frame accepts a sealed headset and BB, which shouldnt be a problem if you get all of the above.
Make sure the bike fits you-you should look for nothing shorter than 21 and bars should be from 8.75-9.75
You are gonna want good cranks 3 pc. spline drive is good, but you can have pinch bolt cranks and be fine.
Tires that are 100 psi are a good idea, less flats most likely.

Given your price range id get one of these: http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102422/2014_Cult_Leader_Bike.html
http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102214/2013_Sunday_Ross_EX_Bike.html
http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102339/2014_United_KL40_Expert_Bike.html
http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102359/2014_Fit_Mac_3_Bike.html

Yeah most of em except the KL40 and Mac 3 have 20.75 tt. But Honestly, i rode a 20.5 for so long and the only difference was it was a lot easier to manual and i could spin faster. Have fun picking man! and if you want a better bike than any of those, sell your verde for like 125 and use that to maybe upgrade stuff on the bikes above.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.