Buying a seven hundrish complete

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2017 11:28 PM

So I'm buying a new bike at the prize range of about seven hundred euros. It should be full chromoly, 21'' TT and from a website that delivers to Finland without (or with small) postage. You can choose from following ones or suggest a completely new bike. And please give me some basis why you chose that certain bike. Thanks for your time!

Wethepeople Crysis 2017
https://www.kunstform.org/en/wethepeople-crysis-2017-bmx-bike-metallic-copper-p-10650

Subrosa Malum 2017
https://www.kunstform.org/en/subrosa-bikes-malum-2017-bmx-bike-satin-black-p-10369

Cult Devolution 2017
http://www.sourcebmx.com/en/Cult-Devotion-BMX-Bike-2017/m-32342.aspx

Flybikes Orion 2017
https://www.kunstform.org/en/flybikes-orion-2017-bmx-bike-flat-black-rhd-p-11160

Haro Plaza 2017
https://www.kunstform.org/en/haro-bikes-plaza-2017-bmx-bike-gloss-sizzurp-p-11130

Haro Interstate 2017
https://www.kunstform.org/en/haro-bikes-interstate-2017-bmx-bike-gloss-black-p-11128

Premium DUO 2017
http://www.sourcebmx.com/en/Premium-Duo-BMX-Bike-2017/m-32090.aspx

Verde Neyer pro 2017
http://www.sourcebmx.com/en/Verde-Neyer-Pro-BMX-Bike-2017/m-31645.aspx

|

4/18/2017 1:21 AM

I'd go with the Verde

|

4/18/2017 1:32 AM

Wethepeople for sure . I ride a ton of their parts and will back them confidentially . Have yet to ever get a "bad" part made by them .

Complete wise , they make amazing bikes . 9" tall bars , 170mm cranks , you get plastic pegs WITH hubguards , and a 2.35 tire up front and a 2.25 tire back . That's amazing attention to details and pretty similar to my custom which cost like 2k to make with similar specs ( 300$ for shorter cranks , 125$ for bigger bars , 100$ for bigger tires , etc ) .

It all depends on what you want but personally I'd go with WTP regardless of whatever else is on that list . Them Germans really know how to make good stuff , cars , bikes , and women even haha

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/18/2017 1:57 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd go with the Verde

Any basis? I thought that too but then I found out that it has single wall front rim. Does that matter somehow?

|

4/18/2017 1:59 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Wethepeople for sure . I ride a ton of their parts and will back them confidentially . Have yet to ever get a "bad" part made ...more

Yea I get your point but ain't those tripping xl rims pretty bad? that's what I found out when I searched them online.

|

4/18/2017 2:12 AM

Save up 300 more and buy wtp envy.

https://www.signaturebmx.com/tuote/we-the-people-envy-2016-3287

I have 2015 Crysis fork bent, casette blew bearings 2 times and those 8 spline cranks are bad wont stay tight and wobble.

|

4/18/2017 2:15 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd go with the Verde

Akkemon wrote:

Any basis? I thought that too but then I found out that it has single wall front rim. Does that matter somehow?

Because Verde is cool. I'd say it's the nicest/best bike from your list. Any bike within a certain price bracket will be pretty much the same, the Verde has a single wall front rim, all the others will have something else that isn't perfect. Unless you're planning to land on your front wheel all the time, and never check spoke tension, the single wall rim on the front will be fine for a while.

All completes will need a certain level of upgrading over time.

|

4/18/2017 2:46 AM

You got a point there. Thanks for the proper reply. What's your stand on Premium Duo? It seems also pretty nice imo. What are that bike's downsides?

|

4/18/2017 3:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd go with the Verde

Akkemon wrote:

Any basis? I thought that too but then I found out that it has single wall front rim. Does that matter somehow?

grumpySteve wrote:

Because Verde is cool. I'd say it's the nicest/best bike from your list. Any bike within a certain price bracket will be ...more

You got a point there. Thanks for the proper reply. What's your stand on Premium Duo? It seems also pretty nice imo. What are that bike's downsides?

|

4/18/2017 5:04 AM

The Verde Luxe will get you the double walled rims all around, plus everything else. The only thing is that it does not come in that cool matte army green. It is not on your original list, and should only go for a bit more than the Neyer pro

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/18/2017 5:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Because Verde is cool. I'd say it's the nicest/best bike from your list. Any bike within a certain price bracket will be ...more

well if your only standard to choose a new bike is how "cool" the brand is, you're in for some surprises.That being said this verde model is quite nice except the cranks. I personnaly would go for wtp, because they're the best bang for your buck in this price range, but 700 dollars completes these days are all going to do a great job

|

4/18/2017 5:11 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

The Verde Luxe will get you the double walled rims all around, plus everything else. The only thing is that it does not come ...more

Nice suggestion, but i'm afraid I'm more into cassette bikes instead of freecoasters. Any suggestions for cassette bike around that prize?

|

4/18/2017 5:47 AM

Akkemon wrote:

Any basis? I thought that too but then I found out that it has single wall front rim. Does that matter somehow?

grumpySteve wrote:

Because Verde is cool. I'd say it's the nicest/best bike from your list. Any bike within a certain price bracket will be ...more

jacky oh jacky wrote:

well if your only standard to choose a new bike is how "cool" the brand is, you're in for some surprises.That being said this ...more

So you completely ignored where I said "best"? Then gave reason for my opinion?

Although, they're all much the same. All made in the same handful of factories in Taiwan. The hardest part of the choice should be where you want your money to go to. Wtp isn't run or owned by a rider. I'm not sure about kunstform. But source is rider owned and run, and they do a hell of a lot for bmx. And Verde do their fare share too

|

4/18/2017 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 7:45 AM

I have a 2016 Subrosa Malum. Really happy with the bike but it is my first BMX (if I do not count my 1986 Schwinn Predator) so I do not have that much to compare with but I've owned lots of MTB and a trials bike. Pros is that I really like how it feels and holds up really well so far. Negative is the brake which really sucks and 3/8 bolts inte the rear wheel. The bolts plus add-on hubguards, spacers to 14 mm and pegs is really messy and fiddl (and the Eclat hubguards I've ordered did not fit so I also had to shim it out....) I've now ordered Odyssey brakes and Odyssey Clutch wheel which will solve all that. If your planning to run brakeless and pegless it's a great bike. If you want pegs and hubguards you may have to do some modifications but I do believe Subrosa changed the hubs for 2017. The 2016 is for sale at good prices at rite.se, you can also get the 2016 Novus within your budget.

|

4/18/2017 8:06 AM

Frank_W wrote:

I have a 2016 Subrosa Malum. Really happy with the bike but it is my first BMX (if I do not count my 1986 Schwinn Predator) so ...more

Thanks for the advice!

|