Buying new parts

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2017 9:12 AM

Who else only buys parts when they actually need them because other parts breaking, or who buys parts because they have the money and just want to spend it on parts you don't need.

|

2/8/2017 9:27 AM

I buy parts just because I have the money and spend it on parts I don't need.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/8/2017 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2017 9:28 AM

A bit of both. I don't buy many parts for my bike on a regular basis, though.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/8/2017 10:51 AM

I buy when things are getting close to breaking to avoid getting destroyed when they do give out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2017 11:00 AM

Wish I had money to buy parts

|

2/8/2017 11:07 AM

I buy if I need it or if I don't like the feel of it. Not strapped for cash by any means here! Spent a ton of money on my son's 16" wtp too

|

2/8/2017 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2017 7:02 PM

I work all the time so I got money to buy parts , even though I haven't gotten parts lately besides brakes , I'm going to build a brand new bike soon and give my bike away to my buddy who doesn't have a bike but has been riding my second bike lately and killing it at the airbag we've been riding this winter , doesn't even ride and learned backflips and frontflips and almost has 360 backflips , he's got kids and a house to pay for so he doesn't have time to spend money on a bmx bike

|

2/8/2017 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2017 7:02 PM

Lately I've been tempted to buy parts I really don't need. I've been needing a new stem, bars and chain. When I go to my cart though, it's like I might as well just buy a brand new bike. I get the bars, stem and chain, then add a sproket, cranks, grips, and rims lol ..i need to learn some self control.

|

2/9/2017 12:10 AM

I spent a lot of money to get my bike dialled over the last year or so, now I only plan to buy parts when I need em

|

2/9/2017 8:05 AM

I buy what I want when I want, and definitely buy things I don't need per se. But since I'm just getting back into it, I don't buy high-end stuff yet, unless it's on deep discount. I don't feel like I've "earned" the really good stuff.

|

2/9/2017 3:59 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I buy when things are getting close to breaking to avoid getting destroyed when they do give out.

This, 1000 times this. I was running a pair of cracked cranks for a couple of weeks, and one of my friends was trying to get me to run them till they break off the spindle. I would never do that, because I'd probably get injured when they do break, and I couldn't do any stairsets for fear of them breaking. So I bought some new cranks.

Sometimes I'll buy stuff that I don't need, like grips. Or a new brake lever. Usually just little stuff.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

2/9/2017 8:23 PM

When it comes to mail orders I usually only want to order one main thing. But I usually stick something else small in the cart to make it feel like the postage cost was worth it smile

|

2/9/2017 8:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2017 8:50 PM

Well right now I'm buying parts to upgrade from other parts that were either stock or need to be upgraded. But once I finish getting those things Ima just ride em till they break or crack

|