C4 Rotation 'Y' Gyro Cables?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2013 4:39 PM

My astroglides are fucked after intense use, and i want to use my odyssey cable hanger+hanger cables for once... i've had Y cables once and they were oryg cables which were terrible...

Anybody had or know about these cables? They are from CRC in uk so im not sure if they will be good or not?

they will cost me $5 so do you guys think?

'Better off buyin bar ends' or 'what could go wrong? just $5!' ????

Also, Odyssey M2 upper cable, they decent? my upper astroglide cables snapped at the barrel.

|

5/28/2013 6:34 PM

UUHHHH! brake stuff, if i understood any of what you are talking about, i would have brakes on my bike right now lol, but allas, i have no knowledge on brakes haha

but for 5$ im sure you'll be fine even if it only lasts a few weeks, days, years how ever long brake stuff lasts lol

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/28/2013 9:23 PM

Purple bike wrote:

UUHHHH! brake stuff, if i understood any of what you are talking about, i would have brakes on my bike right now lol, but ...more

Put it this way, ill give you a quick lesson about brakes.

For gyro there are two types of cables, Twin and Dual (or Y cables which split from 1 to two)

Y cables are usually the same weight, but tricky to get the correct tension, with twin cables you can get the perfect tension on your brake walls without having to do silly stuff.

Y cables are a lot more touchy in my opinion, more flex to the brakes (which is a good thing)
Twin cables are easier maintained and installed and very easy to setup (dialed)

Linear cables make the sleeving more reliable and smoother pull, i usually light grease my brake tubing and cables to get nice feather (the touch of the brake)

Lever Springs, Lever kick back, Lever 'Feel'...
Cable pull, cable tension, cable slack...
U-brake tension, U-brake springs, U-brake bearings...
Twin cables
Y Cables

Those all play a huge role in how your brakes feel...

The C4 brakes seem to be decent for a quick fix till i can afford twin cables. but i dno if i should bother.

|

5/28/2013 10:38 PM

To be honest I've never really noticed a difference with lower Cables, but I have always rode Dual Cables.

|

5/29/2013 5:02 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

To be honest I've never really noticed a difference with lower Cables, but I have always rode Dual Cables.

Y cables are easier to tug on, Less cable to cause tension.

But dual cables are REALLY REALLY easy to dial in. and make super touchy

|

5/29/2013 5:41 AM

Purple bike wrote:

UUHHHH! brake stuff, if i understood any of what you are talking about, i would have brakes on my bike right now lol, but ...more

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Put it this way, ill give you a quick lesson about brakes.

For gyro there are two types of cables, Twin and Dual (or Y cables ...more

Yay, now I know enough to run brakes!! Too bad I have a frame w/o brake mounts lol

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...