CHROME.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2011 12:12 PM

I'm thinking running some chrome parts but I've never owned any chrome before aside from race bars that ive had for a month.
I want alienation PBR's, DK Grey bars, and fit shiv2 forks, all in chrome.

Do any of you guys know of the advantages/disadvantages of a chrome in terms of how long the finish will last, or if it flakes easily?

|

ILIKEDIRT

7/7/2011 12:16 PM

naah its good..go for it bro!

|

7/7/2011 12:26 PM

make sure if you ge caught in the rain, you wipe it down a little. also if it starts to rust just use steel wool on it

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/7/2011 1:21 PM

staight from DK

Product Details
DK's new Grey Bars made with the racer in mind. The geometry was developed by the race team to truly relay the rider's wants and needs on the track. These are made with butted, heat treated chromoly. These are available in black, white, and chrome to match any race ready bike. These are made in the USA.

Merchant SKU: HB0812
Made with Butted Heat Treated Chromoly
Made in the USA
Knurled clamping area
8.5" rise
2" upsweep
7" back sweep
28.25" width

Designed by the DK Race team

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

7/7/2011 1:24 PM

Generally speaking chrome on rims is the only chrome that is likely to flake at some point.

|

7/7/2011 1:26 PM

I wouldn't get those parts unless you race?...

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/7/2011 1:35 PM

I'm not a fan of chrome frames at all.. but chrome parts (bars, rims, cranks, etc.) look sick!!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

7/7/2011 1:36 PM

Spenlard wrote:

I wouldn't get those parts unless you race?...

... look at his name

|

vital's redneck

7/7/2011 1:42 PM

I have chrome Haro bars and forks from 1999 and they're dirty but they're not rusted or anything, i say go for it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/7/2011 1:46 PM

sweet i race too, i had a crome and red race bike, it was sick. but my chrome profiles were chipped in the box, must have gotten a bad pair.

|

steazy

7/7/2011 2:09 PM

future FBM wrote:

make sure if you ge caught in the rain, you wipe it down a little. also if it starts to rust just use steel wool on it

chrome doesnt rust bro...

|

7/7/2011 5:26 PM

future FBM wrote:

brianoob wrote:

your retarded

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/7/2011 5:48 PM

future FBM wrote:

brianoob wrote:

future FBM wrote:

your retarded

lol
chrome is a coating over the metal
chrome flakes and peels
after that the steel is bare
which then causes the steel to rust
not the chrome

you retard.

|

7/7/2011 5:50 PM

brianoob wrote:

future FBM wrote:

your retarded

brianoob wrote:

lol
chrome flakes and peels
not the chrome

you retard.

im posting my rust on my chrome kink badgers. and chrome is a metallic substance, therefore giving it the ability to corrode.

|

7/7/2011 5:58 PM

future FBM wrote:

your retarded

brianoob wrote:

lol
chrome flakes and peels
not the chrome

you retard.

future FBM wrote:

im posting my rust on my chrome kink badgers. and chrome is a metallic substance, therefore giving it the ability to corrode.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

BOOM. taken 5 seconds ago
|

7/7/2011 5:59 PM

future FBM wrote:

technically it's the steel underneath the chrome plating rusting

|

7/7/2011 6:00 PM

brianoob wrote:

technically look above your post and see rusting CHROME

|

7/7/2011 6:05 PM

future FBM wrote:

brianoob wrote:

future FBM wrote:

technically look above your post and see rusting CHROME

yeah
from the steel

|

7/7/2011 6:10 PM

brianoob wrote:

yeah
from the steel

yeah your right, water seeped through the chrome cuz its not water tight to the metal benieth......

|

7/7/2011 7:14 PM

Chrome is the easiest thing world but scratches show but it nice and it really doesn't chip unless its like 5 years old and then maybe it will

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

7/7/2011 8:36 PM

Kroller wrote:

Chrome is the easiest thing world but scratches show but it nice and it really doesn't chip unless its like 5 years old and then maybe it will

Not if you take care of it so far my chrome forks and bars are 12 years old and no rust,chips or anything.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/7/2011 8:45 PM

future FBM wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

BOOM. taken 5 seconds ago

so are they craacked?

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

7/7/2011 8:52 PM

collinbikesalot wrote:

so are they craacked?

they do appear to be but naw they arent, saw that when i took the pic and gave her a though feel down.

|

7/7/2011 8:55 PM

future FBM wrote:

they do appear to be but naw they arent, saw that when i took the pic and gave her a though feel down.

i hope you touched her with your penis!

|

facebook

my baby deliyla

7/7/2011 8:58 PM

collinbikesalot wrote:

so are they craacked?

future FBM wrote:

collinbikesalot wrote:

well she has two holes of course but on had a plug in it and the other has a broken plug in it for some reason i i just rubbed along her curves haha

|

7/7/2011 9:00 PM

future FBM wrote:

collinbikesalot wrote:

future FBM wrote:

well she has two holes of course but on had a plug in it and the other has a broken plug in it for some reason i i just rubbed along her curves haha

yaysmile

|

facebook

my baby deliyla

7/7/2011 9:22 PM

Kroller wrote:

Four wrote:

Not if you take care of it so far my chrome forks and bars are 12 years old and no rust,chips or anything.

yeah i know i have chrome on my bike stem and rim and i dont have any problems with them

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

7/7/2011 9:31 PM

PBRs suck and dont get shit DK baars

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

7/7/2011 9:35 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

he is using it for racing.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/8/2011 8:23 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

he is using it for racing.

Im not using them to race. ive had black pbrs on my street bike for months and theyre awesome. less backsweep on dk grey race bars give you more control. its just a question of whether im going to get these parts in a chrome finish or not. If some of you guys would get back to your roots youd realize the whole sport was spawned from racing and is still much influenced by it. the fact that you bash on parts youve never had or on disciplines that youve never tried is ignorant and immature. IM GETTTING CHROME BEEEITCHES.

|

ILIKEDIRT