COLLEGE VIDEO - any tips would be good

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2014 11:56 AM

I had to make a one minute video for college and naturally decided to make a short edit. I know there's not much riding but it was mainly focused around the filming and editing style, anyway I hope you like it and any creative comments are welcome.
|

1/12/2014 11:59 AM

I think it's good man.

|

1/12/2014 3:45 PM

Thank man smile

|

1/12/2014 3:55 PM

Looks sick. What's the light blue frame?

|

1/12/2014 3:56 PM

change the song, its used waaaay too much in amateur edits
other than that its fine

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/12/2014 4:14 PM

The frame is an amity something or other mate, I'd never heard the song used on an edit so I just picked it out, if i knew i would have changed it i hate over used songs, thanks guys

|

1/12/2014 4:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2014 4:19 PM

Yeah. That music got to go. I watch it without audio earlier. Can't stand screamo. LOL. Jk

|

1/12/2014 5:32 PM

good riding, bad music choice

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/12/2014 5:44 PM

It's a nice little edit. Like everybody said above, that particular song is a bit over-used but i'm assuming your teacher doesn't watch many BMX edits so i'm sure it won't be marked down for that.

I can't really pick anything WRONG with it, it's good for what it is. The nice outro sort of made me wonder why there wasn't anything similarly interesting in the rest of the video. But you seem to have shown that you can edit to the music with the 'drop' in that song so well done.

You seem to have a focusing issue with the camera though tongue Unless ofcourse you did that on purpose. In which case, it was slightly annoying.

|

1/12/2014 5:50 PM

That park looks fun

|

1/12/2014 7:18 PM

Nice park, nice riding, good filming, not a BAD song, but an overused one. Warm Bodies, and many many beginner and scooter kid edits. Look into less popular songs man. The Flaming Lips make some great songs for BMX edits. I can think of ten of their songs that would have been great. There are plenty! My rule is is if you are gonna put a song in, put one that no one really has heard in an edit.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/12/2014 7:28 PM

good riding. good editing. the song is as said before a bit overused. And the focusing in and out constantly was annoying and took away from the video overall. I could see starting blurry and then focusing but going blurry focus blurry made it hard to watch.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/13/2014 2:32 AM

Zhuxiong wrote:

It's a nice little edit. Like everybody said above, that particular song is a bit over-used but i'm assuming your teacher doesn't watch many BMX edits so i'm sure it won't be marked down for that.

I can't really pick anything WRONG with it, it's good for what it is. The nice outro sort of made me wonder why there wasn't anything similarly interesting in the rest of the video. But you seem to have shown that you can edit to the music with the 'drop' in that song so well done.

You seem to have a focusing issue with the camera though tongue Unless ofcourse you did that on purpose. In which case, it was slightly annoying.

yeah the focusing thing was kind of what i was going for but I may have overused it slightly haha

|