CRANKS GET SUPER TIGHT HELP!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2017 8:19 PM

so basically whenever I tighten my back wheel, the cranks start to get super tight and I don't know why or what to do. I've tried a loose chain, tightening the other nut first, I don't know what to do!!!!

|

10/18/2017 9:17 PM

Okay, is it your cranks or hub? Cause if you're tightening up your back wheel THEN your cranks get super tight, something's messed up with your hub. Likely the lock nut(s) being stripped and not doing their job properly

|

10/18/2017 9:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Okay, is it your cranks or hub? Cause if you're tightening up your back wheel THEN your cranks get super tight, something's ...more

is there anything I can do to fix the lock nuts?

|

10/18/2017 11:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Okay, is it your cranks or hub? Cause if you're tightening up your back wheel THEN your cranks get super tight, something's ...more

Dhornback wrote:

is there anything I can do to fix the lock nuts?

Get em off and replace them. They are pretty easy to find. If you go to a bike shop, they will probably just give you some. smile

|

10/18/2017 11:25 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Get em off and replace them. They are pretty easy to find. If you go to a bike shop, they will probably just give you some. smile

thx a lot my dude smile

|

10/19/2017 12:42 AM

Dhornback wrote:

thx a lot my dude smile

If that's the case, also have your rear axle checked out to make sure the threads are still good and compatible with new nuts to prevent this again.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/19/2017 7:24 AM

Dhornback wrote:

thx a lot my dude smile

Also, if you set your lock nuts just a little too tight, get the axle nut snug, then loosen the locknut so it's going back towards the dropout it will loosen the hub just a touch. Don't know if I am explaining that well...

|

10/19/2017 4:24 PM

Could be a bent sprocket. Not really sure what you mean though?

|

10/19/2017 8:47 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Also, if you set your lock nuts just a little too tight, get the axle nut snug, then loosen the locknut so it's going back ...more

I have no idea what u mean

|

10/19/2017 9:07 PM

Dhornback wrote:

thx a lot my dude smile

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Also, if you set your lock nuts just a little too tight, get the axle nut snug, then loosen the locknut so it's going back ...more

Dhornback wrote:

I have no idea what u mean

If I have time tomorrow I'll make a video. Picture is worth 1000 words, video is priceless. lol

|

10/19/2017 9:20 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

If I have time tomorrow I'll make a video. Picture is worth 1000 words, video is priceless. lol

omg if ou do youll be a life saver because the bike shop guy says a need a new wheel!!

|

10/19/2017 9:25 PM

Sent you a DM with my number - give me a call.

|