CUSTOM SOLID FRAME!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2011 4:05 PM

So, one of my mates ordered a custom Solid frame, it turned up the other week and the stand over was one inch too low. So without even building it up, he's selling it for $300 AUD. I already have two frames, one is being sold in the early stages on February. So, i have $310 SPARE (From selling my forks, bars etc etc) Should i pounce on this frame? It looks so so good.

top tube length 20.6
Headtube 75 deg + removable gyro tabs
Seattube 70 deg with wedge mod
Chainstay 13.3 - 13.75
BB Height 11.75
Stanover Height 7 Inch center tt to center bb
BB spannish

top tube dia 36mm
down tube dia 36mm

chain stay dia 19mm
seat stay dia 19mm - 17 mm

dropouts 14mm heat treated

brake mounts chainstay lowest gearing you can run is 23/8
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/10/2011 4:06 PM

By the way, i'm loving the new forum setup.

|

1/10/2011 4:08 PM

That looks so nice. Why doesn't he just send it back because they messed up?

|

1/10/2011 4:08 PM

I would jump on that shit in an instant if it was the right price. But i don't know US to Aussie dollar conversion. So i can't tell you for sure.

How much would it cost brand new?

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/10/2011 4:11 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I would jump on that shit in an instant if it was the right price. But i don't know US to Aussie dollar conversion. So i can't tell you for sure.

It would probably cost you more if you bought it from him because of the shipping costs from Australia...

|

1/10/2011 4:13 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

It'd be like $600 with postage maybe? Like $550 without i think.

By the way, 99 of my cents will equal $1 dollar to you. That's how close our currency is at this point in time.

|

1/10/2011 4:14 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

That looks so nice. Why doesn't he just send it back because they messed up?

It does aye, not too keen on the CS brakes but i can work around it.
Well he's already has a Tierra 3, Pantera 4 and a T1 Ruben.

|

1/10/2011 4:15 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

It does aye, not too keen on the CS brakes but i can work around it.
Well he's already has a Tierra 3, Pantera 4 and a T1 Ruben.

I would still send it back...

|

1/10/2011 4:16 PM

It should cost about $370 USD for the frame alone, then whatever shipping was (Is guessing about $75 USD close?). I don't know, that stand over height KILLS the frame for me, along with the wedge post mod and the chainstay welded mounts. If you really want it, though...

|

1/10/2011 4:17 PM

Kenealy wrote:

It should cost about $370 USD for the frame alone, then whatever shipping was (Is guessing about $75 USD close?). I don't know, that stand over height KILLS the frame for me, along with the wedge post mod and the chainstay welded mounts. If you really want it, though...

I thought custom frames were like $550 USD?

|

1/10/2011 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2011 4:18 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

My custom FBM was around 450 , and Solid's are cheaper, so definitely not...

|

1/10/2011 4:18 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

I would still send it back...

Well the guy is pretty chill, i bought two brand new Profile Totem hubs off him for $240 when the shops sell them for $400.

|

1/10/2011 4:19 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

My custom FBM was around 450 , and Solid's are cheaper, so definitely not...

Well shit on my life, i didn't know that.

|

1/10/2011 4:20 PM

so dope do it

|

sittin on the porch with a fresh pair a shoes~!

refs: hunthobb2

1/10/2011 4:21 PM

Kenealy wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

From S&M, yes. FBM is about $450 or so, and Solid can do $310 or $370 I believe depending if you want heat treated double butted tubes or straight gauge untreated tubes.

|

1/10/2011 4:27 PM

Kenealy wrote:

From S&M, yes. FBM is about $450 or so, and Solid can do $310 or $370 I believe depending if you want heat treated double butted tubes or straight gauge untreated tubes.

The guy was trying to sell it for $375, then i showed interest and seeing as i have bought from him before he let me drop the price to something i could work with. So i asked about $300, he said that's awesome. Well even with postage the lowest price this frame would've cost him would be around $385. So i think $300 is banging. Then if i don't like it, i can sell it?

Just wondering, can any custom frame makers make a frame lighter or heavier?

|

i_ridekink wrote:

so dope do it

I'm thinking about it.

|

Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2011 4:29 PM

i_ridekink wrote:

so dope do it

Fuck double posts!

|

1/10/2011 4:28 PM

Do it.

|

BIKE CHECK ♥
Albe's is where it's at!
Chicago, Illinois, - Deep up in the ghetto.

1/10/2011 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2011 4:35 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

The guy was trying to sell it for $375, then i showed interest and seeing as i have bought from him before he let me drop the price to something i could work with. So i asked about $300, he said that's awesome. Well even with postage the lowest price this frame would've cost him would be around $385. So i think $300 is banging. Then if i don't like it, i can sell it?

Just wondering, can any custom frame makers make a frame lighter or heavier?

Whatcha mean by making it lighter or heavier? Cause that depends on heat treating, tubing sizes, gauges, buttings, and lengths, how much stuff is machined, ect.

Edit: Spelling mistakes, cause I'm like a grammar Nazi.

|

1/10/2011 4:32 PM

just go for it, but DO NOT slam your seat post **SCOOTER FRAME ALERT** and if you dont like it sell it, i would run that anyday

|

1/10/2011 4:34 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Whatcha mean by making it lighter or heavier? Cause that depends on heat treating, tubing sizes, gauges, buttings, and lengths, how much stuff is machined, ect.

Edit: Spelling mistakes, cause I'm like a grammar Nazi.

Well i've been looking at reviews on a Guttershark, they've snapped on a few people like heavy shredder so i was thinking about going for one for strictly park. Seeing as a custom frame MIGHT turn out cheaper maybe i could get a custom instead of the Guttershark?

Anyway, i think i will buy this frame and build up a bike with it once i sell all of my current parts.

|

1/10/2011 4:37 PM

collin86 wrote:

just go for it, but DO NOT slam your seat post **SCOOTER FRAME ALERT** and if you dont like it sell it, i would run that anyday

Haha yeah i want something like this.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/10/2011 4:38 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Well i've been looking at reviews on a Guttershark, they've snapped on a few people like heavy shredder so i was thinking about going for one for strictly park. Seeing as a custom frame MIGHT turn out cheaper maybe i could get a custom instead of the Guttershark?

Anyway, i think i will buy this frame and build up a bike with it once i sell all of my current parts.

Well if you go through FBM and get all really small, thin tubing I'm sure it could get really light. Just shoot out some emails to FBM, S&M, and Solid, see who can make the best frame for the money.

|

1/10/2011 4:42 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Well if you go through FBM and get all really small, thin tubing I'm sure it could get really light. Just shoot out some emails to FBM, S&M, and Solid, see who can make the best frame for the money.

First of all i'm going to buy this frame.
If i love it, i'll keep it. If not i'll either keep it or sell it and see what i can buy with the money. My guess at this stage is that i'll love it anyway. But we'll see.

|

1/10/2011 4:48 PM

i think you should just ride your loosefer :*

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/10/2011 4:55 PM

gstring02 wrote:

Or i could ride you're S&M?

|

1/10/2011 5:02 PM

collin86 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Haha yeah i want something like this.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

good, that looks sick. i my self like high stand over heights. but i would run that ^. it looks nice and clean for a park rat height. no offense

|

1/10/2011 5:10 PM

gstring02 wrote:

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Or i could ride you're S&M?

you just might wink

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/10/2011 5:11 PM

collin86 wrote:

good, that looks sick. i my self like high stand over heights. but i would run that ^. it looks nice and clean for a park rat height. no offense

Dude i LOVE it right?
And yeah, haha i like being called a park rat. Park is what i ride, trails to come soon.

|