Calling my tall riders. 6ft lol

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2014 9:59 PM

so im looking for a new frame right now. and im a tall guy 6'3 to be exact. -_-
Current bike fit 21tt.

had a few questions since im just now getting back into the sport after being off my bike for 4 yrs.
Would a New stem 53mm Topload , with 10 inch bars make the ride feel bigger? and give me more room.?
currently got a 50mm stem frontload and 9inch risebars,

|

9/28/2014 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2014 10:16 PM

Taller bars will take stress off your back

|

9/28/2014 10:16 PM

Get a 21.25 !
Feels so good!
and so it won't feel sluggish get one with a short rear IMO

I'm also trying to update my bars to bigger ones

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

9/28/2014 10:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2014 10:40 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Taller bars will take stress off your back

anyone ever use the s&m Elevenz bars?
looking at those.

Edit: Will it do anything to the way I ride? really I mean its 2 more inches im giving myself.

|

9/28/2014 10:45 PM

My buddy has the elevenz he's like 15 and 6 4 already but I find them stupidly big I wouldn't go that high

|

9/28/2014 10:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

My buddy has the elevenz he's like 15 and 6 4 already but I find them stupidly big I wouldn't go that high

how tall are you? are they really tht big lol?

|

9/28/2014 11:31 PM

I'm 510 and I ride 8.25 on his bike the bars are so tall it's almost impossible to not loop out on manuals

|

9/28/2014 11:36 PM

bigger bars will give you less room, think about it. They will be at roughly a 75 degree angle (in line with the forks) therefore pushing bigger bars further back than smaller ones reducing the amount of room you have. 9 is tall enough for pretty much anyone if they are riding the right frame geometry for them

|

9/29/2014 5:53 AM

Im 6'1" and ride 21-21.2tt, 9" rise, and 48mm and find it very comfortable. 170mm cranks also buy me a little room.

I would never buy a longer stem to buy more room. It will be a very small difference and wont help much if you plan on turning or twisting the bars on tricks.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/29/2014 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2014 9:47 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im 6'1" and ride 21-21.2tt, 9" rise, and 48mm and find it very comfortable. 170mm cranks also buy me a little room.

I would ...more

Didnt really put any thought into that lol.
Wouldnt A 50mm topload give me a little more height on bars tho? going to hold off on bars if anything ill just go with the perfect 10s n try em My buddy has them.

Edit: hsve 175mm fit cranks
Right Now riding 50mm frontload stem

|

9/29/2014 10:12 AM

I'm selling a 21.6 BSD Raider if you're interested! I'm 6'4" by the way, and ride the BSD Raider bars too.

|

9/29/2014 10:36 AM

i'm 6'5" and i ride a 21.5" tt and 9" bars with a topload. i'd eventually like to get some taller bars. if i were you, i would get a topload and see how that feels, then max out your spacers. if you want more height after that, bigger bars. i couldn't imagine riding elevenz. seems excessive.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

9/29/2014 10:49 AM

Fit Savage bars. Big, but not excessively big. I was using S&M Hoder High for awhile, still had sort of sore arms/shoulders/upper back, but i switched to the Savage and no more soreness.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

9/29/2014 1:09 PM

ticaleb wrote:

i'm 6'5" and i ride a 21.5" tt and 9" bars with a topload. i'd eventually like to get some taller bars. if i were you, i would ...more

thanks guys was looking for another tall guy haha. Going to go ahead and just upgrade my stem for now get a topload 53mm. Looking for new frame in future, how Big of a differance do you feel riding with a 21.5 tt

|

9/29/2014 1:21 PM

CannonBMX wrote:

Wouldnt A 50mm topload give me a little more height on bars tho? going to hold off ...more

50mm is referring to reach. You're thinking of RISE, which 36mm is tall for top loads.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/29/2014 1:28 PM

CannonBMX wrote:

thanks guys was looking for another tall guy haha. Going to go ahead and just upgrade my stem for now get a topload 53mm. ...more

thats a complicated question in my case lol... so i switched from a 21" tt with a 75 degree ht angle to a 21.5" tt with a 74.5 degree ht angle (S&M Credence MOD). so basically the distance between my wheels changed more drastically than anything. because of the more mellow ht angle, the distance between my bottom bracket and handlebars probably didnt change too much so i don't feel like i have a lot more room. here is an article george french wrote on the subject of the effects of headtube angles and whatnot if you care to read it. long story short, my bike feels a lot more stable and proportional to my height. i would suggest a 21.25" tt or longer and if you picked up something like that 21.6" BSD Raider, i doubt you would regret it. it also depends on if you ride trails or street or park, etc.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

9/29/2014 1:31 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I would ...more

CannonBMX wrote:

Wouldnt A 50mm topload give me a little more height on bars tho? going to hold off ...more

BMXism wrote:

50mm is referring to reach. You're thinking of RISE, which 36mm is tall for top loads.

I understand that any topload stem will give me more hight then a frontload correct?

Lookin at colony squareback stem 50mm reach. 36mm rise right now

|

9/29/2014 1:40 PM

ticaleb wrote:

i'm 6'5" and i ride a 21.5" tt and 9" bars with a topload. i'd eventually like to get some taller bars. if i were you, i would ...more

CannonBMX wrote:

thanks guys was looking for another tall guy haha. Going to go ahead and just upgrade my stem for now get a topload 53mm. ...more

ticaleb wrote:

thats a complicated question in my case lol... so i switched from a 21" tt with a 75 degree ht angle to a 21.5" tt with a 74.5 ...more

Thanks im going to read it. And i will look into something like that size. I just picked up a 21tt fit to start back up.

|

9/29/2014 4:37 PM

I have both the BSD Raider Frame and the Volume Vessel Frame in 21" which have a 9.25" standover. I got Sunday Freeze Topload stems on both which have a 33mm rise. I run 9.25" bars (WTP Sterling, and Fit Skyscraper). It's a pretty comfortable setup for me and I hover around 6'0". For you, I'd go straight for the Raider frame with a 21.6" TT

|

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

9/29/2014 6:06 PM

I'm 6'6" and I'm currently on a 21.25 with 8.75" bars. But I'm getting a waaaaay bigger frame here any day now.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine