Callum Bibby kicked off Mafia

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2018 4:43 PM

He’s just been kicked off Mafia for standing up for the company after Ryan Taylor said something negative about them on the ground he ‘got involved with unwanted beef’. That’s really shitty of Mafia in my opinion to kick off a rider for DEFENDING THE COMPANY. And to add to this they aren’t taking kindly to any opinions expressed on their Instagram about it. But to be honest I think it’s for the best. Callum’s a really good rider in my opinion and deserved a better sponsor and now that door is open for him. What do you guys think of this?

|

An Indian on a small bike

3/28/2018 4:54 PM

Mafia is kind of like... If you think about it... Really shit.

|

Hmmm

3/28/2018 4:59 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Mafia is kind of like... If you think about it... Really shit.

We all knew that one. This just makes it worse

|

3/28/2018 5:04 PM

Drama... Couldn't care less. If he's really that good, he'll be quickly snapped up by another sponsor. That is, assuming he hasn't linked his name with that shit-heap of a company.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/28/2018 5:07 PM

For those lazy too look haha . I’ve defended Mafia before , looks like they’re officially shit for making it public and immaturely handled .
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/28/2018 8:24 PM

They want to be the bigger people and not engage in beef , his video defending them kind of seemed like click bait , but I don’t watch his videos so I’ve got nothing more to say

|

3/28/2018 9:17 PM

Wow. Now that’s stupid.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

3/28/2018 10:44 PM

There was a massive Facebook argument about mafia too, which he got involved with. I couldn't care less for that little corner of bmx though.

If they want to get kids into riding they should compete with mongoose more and offer good bikes cheap, not cheap bikes cheap. I wonder how many kids have convinced their parents to buy them a mafia complete, but quit riding when it falls apart.

|

3/29/2018 12:04 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

There was a massive Facebook argument about mafia too, which he got involved with. I couldn't care less for that little corner of bmx though.

If they want to get kids into riding they should compete with mongoose more and offer good bikes cheap, not cheap bikes cheap. I wonder how many kids have convinced their parents to buy them a mafia complete, but quit riding when it falls apart.

I know quite a few kids and adults who got Mafia's and they are still going strong.

Love or hate the company the bikes are OK.

|

3/29/2018 12:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2018 12:46 AM

You’d think with a name like mafia they’d want to live up to their name and break a couple knee caps on the parting ways , posers

|

3/29/2018 12:50 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Ramorak wrote:

I know quite a few kids and adults who got Mafia's and they are still going strong.

But they're not. The completes are hi ten garbage. You can buy a full chromoly mongoose for the same money.

The aftermarket stuff is made in the same factory as loads of other brands, so that's good value. But the completes are shit. And the warranty sucks.

|

3/29/2018 3:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2018 3:21 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

But they're not. The completes are hi ten garbage. You can buy a full chromoly mongoose for the same money.

The aftermarket stuff is made in the same factory as loads of other brands, so that's good value. But the completes are shit. And the warranty sucks.

Sigh, just because there is one bike full cromo at that price point does not make every other bike at that price point rubbish.

One problem with BMX is it seems everyone wants quality gear for next to nothing. If you look at Mountain biking you can pay as much for a dropper post as a decent complete BMX, but people will still complain about it being "garbage."

Until people accept quality costs, and are willing to pay for it with their wallet BMX technology will always be limited in what it can achieve and companies will continue to struggle and support their riders/the community.

|

3/29/2018 3:28 AM

Ramorak wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Ramorak wrote:

Sigh, just because there is one bike full cromo at that price point does not make every other bike at that price point rubbish.

One problem with BMX is it seems everyone wants quality gear for next to nothing. If you look at Mountain biking you can pay as much for a dropper post as a decent complete BMX, but people will still complain about it being "garbage."

Until people accept quality costs, and are willing to pay for it with their wallet BMX technology will always be limited in what it can achieve and companies will continue to struggle and support their riders/the community.

Yes but I would have more confidence riding a 100% hi tensile Sunday with unsealed hubs and single wall rims than I would riding a mafia complete, the build quality on those bikes is absolutely appalling and I would like to know that I was riding a bike made by a company that stands behind the product.

|

Hmmm

3/29/2018 3:41 AM

Ramorak wrote:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the fact that quality means more money. This is not the point at all. The problem with Mafia is that they market their bikes as the best product around in that price bracket (which is a blatant lie) and kids that buy their stuff just eat up this aggressive advertising because most are too young/new to the sport to understand what any of the technical stuff means

|

3/29/2018 4:40 AM

Ahhhh Mafia, got to love it when the brand comes up on here. They are aren't my cup of tea and they aren't a company I use, but it get's boring how much shit they get.

Honestly the moaning about their completes really irritates me, the majority of all BMX companies completes are part hi-tensile and it really isn't that much of a big deal in my opinion, because these kids that are being supposedly led in by Mafia, are just that, kids age like 10-12 who weigh piss all, who unless they quickly develop in to incredible BMX'ers over night, are not going to be breaking parts left right and centre, as they will not be going high enough or fast enough.
Just like any other hobby, when you start of you don't have all the best stuff, you have the beginner products and your bike progress with you from there.

That Callum Bibby is actually a really decent rider and I'm sure he will find someone else.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/29/2018 7:50 AM

Ramorak wrote:

I searched for dropper seatpost and OMG!
400 euros for a seatpost
I mean ... what are the benefits to make it worth that much money?
Mountain biking is getting more and more absurd

And yeah, I don't think that anybody who knows what a bmx bike requires, is expecting top of the line quality for next to nothing.
Sure, who wouldn't like a brand new pair of Thunderbolts at 50$ ? But nobody really expects them to be that cheap.
Rather, people who don't really know what's the difference between a high quality part and a low quality one, are the ones who expect a "good bike to be 200 bucks.
I recall a couple of years ago, when I bought a complete for 400 euros, a colleague asked me: what's that bike made of, gold?!

|

3/29/2018 8:03 AM

Ramorak wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Ramorak wrote:

So you're admitting they aren't good quality? The issue is how they advertise them as being great and cheap. Literally any bike that price is the same quality. So how are they cheap or good value? The price reflects the quality.

|

3/29/2018 8:03 AM

ha Mafia... funny stuff...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/29/2018 8:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

So you're admitting they aren't good quality? The issue is how they advertise them as being great and cheap. Literally any bike that price is the same quality. So how are they cheap or good value? The price reflects the quality.

You are playing with words. You get what you pay for, however the people I know with the entry level completes are VERY happy with them and the quality.

The unfair criticism/vitriol directed at MB by most BMXers is just ridiculous. I had FAR worse quality bikes growing up and some of them were a lot more expensive (and that is not adjusting for inflation!).

|

3/29/2018 8:19 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

400 euros for a seatpost

And yeah, I don't think that anybody who knows what a bmx bike requires, is expecting top of the line quality for next to nothing.
Sure, who wouldn't like a brand new pair of Thunderbolts at 50$ ? But nobody really expects them to be that cheap.
Rather, people who don't really know what's the difference between a high quality part and a low quality one, are the ones who expect a "good bike to be 200 bucks.
I recall a couple of years ago, when I bought a complete for 400 euros, a colleague asked me: what's that bike made of, gold?!

Yeah Mountain Biking prices are ridiculous, some of that is justified I am sure but I can only assume the margins are a LOT higher than for BMX.

|

3/29/2018 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2018 8:37 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, because harry main is literally the trash side of bmx, but the supermain complete has some pretty good specs for a wheel in its price range.

4130 cro-mo forks with hitmain topcap and tapered fork legs
4130 cro-mo frame with top & bottom HT gussets, CNC internal Headset, Tapered CS and SS, Removable Brake mounts and cable guides
Sealed Female rear hub w/ 9t driver
Sealed female front hub
Sealed headset with CNC head tube (provision for gyro tabs)
4130 cro-mo bars 9.2”x29”
Forged top load alloy stem
3 piece 4130 cromoly cranks
Sealed mid bb
25/9 gearing w/ hitmain bbs sprocket
Tapered seat/chain stays
Massive 2.4" lagos crawler tyres
Double wall front & rear extra wide alloy rims
VP plastic pedals
Tripod seat and post
Integrated angle cut seat clamp
U-brake

There's a good couple things I'd replace though. Right off the bat I'd change the tires into probably G-Freq or Path Pros. I'd change the forks out because there's no ubrake mounts and ubrake plates are janky at best. Change the handlebars to S&M Intrikat handlebars, Best handlebars I've used, hands down. Pedals would disintegrate into odyssey twisted or deco PC. Seat post and seat post would be in the for sale section on Vital within a week, although I don't know if anyone would want to buy something sponsored by harry main.

One hilarious note is that I've noticed that the bikes are sold standard with the rear brake lever on the left side. Maybe harry is goofy handed? lol

Also, this is just depressing lmao
http://us.mafiabike.com/index.php/bikes/os

Basically a Hi Ten haro master clone

Also, on a side note, anyone notice that the street bikes have worse stats than others?
For example, the legion l100 is full chromoly for only $289
http://www.mongoose.com/usa/legion-l100-20950
However, on their street section
http://www.mongoose.com/usa/chamber-19476
Doesn't even have 4130 handlebars, yet it costs $160 more, I mean, it has actual quality pedals, but they're plastic though.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 8:44 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

400 euros for a seatpost

Believe it or not, but I'm one of the guys who doesn't want a brand new pair of thunderbolts.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 8:51 AM

I think it’s great they have a decent complete now but it’s still expensive. Most kids in Rampworx have a Mafia obviously as Harry is from Liverpool but I can’t tell you how many have said they bent the forks or cranks (the hi ten completes) but they continue to buy from Mafia because they still think it’s the best bike brand. I think they also have very unprofessional customer service which is a huge part of any bmx company.

|

3/29/2018 9:34 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I think it’s great they have a decent complete now but it’s still expensive. Most kids in Rampworx have a Mafia obviously as Harry is from Liverpool but I can’t tell you how many have said they bent the forks or cranks (the hi ten completes) but they continue to buy from Mafia because they still think it’s the best bike brand. I think they also have very unprofessional customer service which is a huge part of any bmx company.

Yeah, I mean, any hi ten bike is gonna be shit, but even then, some are better than others. A haro hi ten is gonna be higher quality than some hi ten from a company almost no one has heard of. The specs are not bad for a complete but with THAT much in the package of only $600 something is bound to have been skimped on. I'm eyeing those fully sealed female hubs in particular. I mean, the legion l100 has lackluster welds (they aren't THAT bad though, just could be better), an unsealed front hub, shitty sprocket, etc, but it's still full chromoly at a cheap cheap price. This bike has a whole bunch of things available to it that other bikes in its range definitely don't have, which, like the mongoose, is suspicious. However, bulletpup debunked the mongoose and we know everything there is to know about it, which is that the bike is a definite unexpectedly good buy for such a cheap price. I don't know, it's just that the company doesn't have a reputation, no one in the community has reviewed the bike, and the specs are suspiciously good for a bike in this price range.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 10:21 AM

Mafia invited me for a chat and a tour of their headquarters, expenses paid, about a year ago after I bad mouthed them on Harry Main's YouTube. Something about them raking money in from gullible kids' parents. I declined the offer.

|

3/29/2018 10:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Ramorak wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

400 euros for a seatpost

I have a dropper post on my hardtail(it came with it), a cheap(relatively) Brand-X Ascend seatpost(I think that's the name) and I wouldn't switch it for anything(except maybe a Rockshox Reverb). It's so much more practical than I'd ever thought it would be; you can have the seat at the perfect height when you're just cruising along and have it out of the way when you're going up a hill or when you're pedaling your arse off to go a little bit faster. It's helped me with getting around so much since I injured my ankle.

Personally, I'd rather spend up to a few times what you'd spend on cheap shit if I knew the money was going to a good company that stands behind its products. There's no price too high for peace of mind and reliability...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/29/2018 10:48 AM

You sure he didn't get kicked off because he did a Youtube video with Harry's old Cameraman?

|

3/29/2018 10:58 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

You sure he didn't get kicked off because he did a Youtube video with Harry's old Cameraman?

He was already kicked off before that video. You can see on Brayden's post why. Silly reason, not even a warning.

|

3/29/2018 10:59 AM

jbales wrote:

He was already kicked off before that video. You can see on Brayden's post why. Silly reason, not even a warning.

That quote is going on my sig

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

3/29/2018 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2018 11:17 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

jbales wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

That quote is going on my sig

You two timing bastard. Have you told Sheldon about me? If you don't tell him. I will.

|