Calluses riding

Related:
Create New Tag

5/12/2018 6:13 PM

Hello forum I got 2 calluses (1 in each hand) and was wondering how can I ride with them it’s been like 4 weeks it doesn’t help. Every time I do a trick it hurts and I have to suck it up in order to ride any advice?

(No I don’t want to ride with gloves and I use Odi Longnecks)

|

5/12/2018 6:17 PM

Every time I do a trick it hurts and I have to suck it up in order to ride any advice?

There's your answer.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/12/2018 6:19 PM

if you really dont like them you can sand them down, better to do that then have them eventually ripped off by the grips.

|

Hmmm

5/12/2018 6:22 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Every time I do a trick it hurts and I have to suck it up in order to ride any advice?

There's your answer.

Thanks lol

|

5/12/2018 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2018 6:32 PM

Edman123 wrote:

if you really dont like them you can sand them down, better to do that then have them eventually ripped off by the grips.

I’m probably just going to switch to a harder feeling grip like the cult vans waffle or Aaron Ross boss grips

|

5/12/2018 8:30 PM

I just let them build and keep riding. If they get all flappy I bite them off.

|

5/12/2018 9:14 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pretty much this but I use a flush-cutter to take them off if they're already starting to fall off or they get sore.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/12/2018 10:18 PM

Wear gloves?

|

5/12/2018 11:11 PM

Cut em off with nail clippers

|

5/13/2018 9:26 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I use a grinder to get off the flappy bit and then pour lemon juice into them

|

An Indian on a small bike

5/13/2018 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 10:16 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

There's your answer.

orangebmx907 wrote:

Thanks lol

I’m not trying to be a dick, it’s honestly confusing to me why so many people think callouses are evidence of something wrong. You’re doing it right, you just gotta keep doing it. It’s like building muscle and being sore. Best cure for soreness 2 days after exercising? More exercise.

Hell, I wear gloves, have the Cult vans grips, and this is what my hand looks like:

Photo

You kinda just gotta power through. If a blister pops, good. Drain it, put a bandaid on it while doing every day things just so it won’t get infected, wait a day or two and get back out and shred more. Don’t go crazy and annihilate your hand by not giving it any time to heal or build up, just be sensible about it. If it hurts too much wait a day, etc.

Eventually they’ll be built up enough that you could poke them with a needle, light a flame under it and hold it there. It takes time to make them so they’re not painful.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/13/2018 11:49 AM

Calluses are actually meant to protect you and pretty painless

If this is the first time you are doing an activity that uses your palms in a rougher way, you may get blisters before you build up your calluses.
That does hurt, a lot!

If that's the case, put some medicinal tape over them and get some gloves. With time you will build them up

|

5/13/2018 2:02 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Calluses are actually meant to protect you and pretty painless

If this is the first time you are doing an activity that uses ...more

That is a good point. Are we talking blisters? Because that is just from having soft hands. Calluses make riding easier and hurt less.

I thought we were talking we they build up too much and they peel off from a crash or something.

|

5/13/2018 2:09 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I’m not trying to be a dick, it’s honestly confusing to me why so many people think callouses are evidence of something wrong. ...more

The only thing that bothers me is the sudden burn/ pain when I do a trick otherwise I could care less

|

5/13/2018 2:32 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Wear gloves?

This. Gloves are fucking rad!cool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/13/2018 6:40 PM

Just rub the calluses smooth with a bath stone or sand paper. Don't get rid of them; they make hand parties interesting.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

5/13/2018 7:08 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Just rub the calluses smooth with a bath stone or sand paper. Don't get rid of them; they make hand parties interesting.

Yes a bath stone is great, it will smooth them out and keep them from getting big and ugly, but it won't shave them off completely.

|

5/13/2018 8:04 PM

Wear gloves or keep riding until your hands grow some balls

I basically permanently have thick ass pads sort of where my callus spots are. Hands never tear anymore really, just hard little pads where I callus. It's imminent

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/14/2018 5:33 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Wear gloves?

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This. Gloves are fucking rad!cool

Incorrect gloves are lame. Just ride till they harden up or sandpaper your grips or sum

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

5/14/2018 6:12 AM

quit riding

|

It’s all bmx

5/14/2018 10:30 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

quit riding

this too

|

Ride for yourself and have fun