Cameras

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2019 7:08 PM

My phone with clip on lenses isn't cutting it for me anymore, any good digital cameras for a reasonable price? I want something with the aesthetic of the vx1000, but that films to tape and I would rather have it on sd cards

|

12/2/2019 7:24 PM

A good DSLR with a decent gimbal will do fine. GoPros make nice footage as well, but with less customization. Stabilization is key! Buy cheap and used, spend the rest of your budget on a decent gimbal and fisheye

|

12/3/2019 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2019 1:41 PM

Aren’t vx1000’s the shit quality that stranger makes all their videos look like they were made in 1994? Your cellphone is way better than any vx1000. But then again I grew up with vhs, so to me there is no appeal to using Shittier technology than available today. To each their own though.

|

12/3/2019 6:25 PM

Panasonic HVX200A has always served me well. Just (essentially) a VX that has the option to film HD on P2 memory cards. Used ones are pretty reasonably priced usually too.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/4/2019 7:49 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Aren’t vx1000’s the shit quality that stranger makes all their videos look like they were made in 1994? Your cellphone is way better than any vx1000. But then again I grew up with vhs, so to me there is no appeal to using Shittier technology than available today. To each their own though.

Yea those cameras are old school. They were awesome in their day and for some reason now I see it's become trendy to film with them again. Seems pointless to me, it adds extra steps to the filming and editing process and the quality is not what you can achieve with modern equipment. Hipster aesthetics I guess *shrugs*.

|

Streetbikes and Bicycles

12/4/2019 9:01 AM

I understand the aesthetics of it but not the appeal.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

12/4/2019 9:41 AM

Have you considered using your phone with a death lens setup like shown below, or something similar.

|

Ride everything

12/4/2019 10:47 AM

A cell Phone with a gimbal handle would out perform a vx1000 all day long with quality

|

12/4/2019 2:13 PM

I use an iphone10 with several different t fisheye attachments. It’s sad how much quality you lose with the thread on Fish eyes. Almost has the Vx quality ://

|

12/6/2019 10:01 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

VX's are iconic though, and there is tons of customization. I'd rather see og vx footage, than HD made to look like vx

|