Can Cans - What foot to use?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2017 9:58 AM

Does it matter if I use my back foot to can-can? I know that normally you would use your front foot however it feels more natural for me to use my back foot.

|

5/1/2017 10:18 AM

Do whatever foot feels better. I too use my back foot.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/1/2017 12:10 PM

I use my back foot too. Your back foot is usually the "normal" foot to take off for 1 footed tricks

|

5/1/2017 12:46 PM

A can can is when your front foot goes over the top tube and to one side

A nac nac is when you bring your back foot over the top tube and extend it downwards while your front foot is still on the pedals

Photo

That's my friend Anthony doing a nac nac in his fox edit I believe , that's a proper one for you !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/2/2017 12:43 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I use my back foot too. Your back foot is usually the "normal" foot to take off for 1 footed tricks

no. front foot is the natural foot to take off.

and I'd call that nac nac up there ^^ a new school nac. That wouldn't have counted as a nac nac 30 years ago. Not saying it's not sick, just sayin'.... smile

|

5/2/2017 11:05 AM

Griz airs > nac nacs .... for can cans the front foot is the normal one to use

|

5/2/2017 1:40 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Do whatever foot feels better. I too use my back foot.

Thanks, gonna send one this Saturday!

|

5/3/2017 1:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

pnj wrote:

no. front foot is the natural foot to take off.

and I'd call that nac nac up there ^^ a new school nac. That wouldn't have counted as a nac nac 30 years ago. Not saying it's not sick, just sayin'.... smile

So how do you do 1 footed tables?
I'm not trying to argue, because everyone is different. But when I learnt 1 footed tricks, it was logical to take my back foot off, so I could table my natural way. Straight up saying "no. You're wrong" is a bit of a spastic move really

|

5/3/2017 9:16 AM

taking the front foot off is odd, to me. I did , at one point in my life (the 1980's) learn can cans with either foot coming off. But taking the rear foot off was always weird cause it causes my bike to 'pedal' for that quarter turn.

For one footed tables, I do them opposite. smile So front foot comes off. I don't think i've ever done a 'normal' side one footed table, unless it was on a quarter pipe and I used my brakes to hold my pedal/cranks in place.

now kindly get off my lawn. haha. smile

|

5/3/2017 1:43 PM

both feet

|

It’s all bmx

5/5/2017 2:58 PM

I take my front foot off, my dominant foot and as steve said, I would take my backfoot off for 1 footed tables.

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

5/6/2017 11:14 AM

if you're gonna take your back foot off make sure you stretch that shit, favorite one that comes to mind is the one Taj did at the t-1 ramp (RIP) in his odyssey electronical part

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/6/2017 12:57 PM

I just came back from western park trails today, and I was trying doing a few one footers and attempting can cans but the jumps arent big enough for good can cans.

So basically, i dont think it at all matters what foot you use because I use my front foot for can cans as well as one-footers, but for one foot tables i would take off my left foot

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel