Can I ride my without a washer till I get one?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2017 9:35 AM

Can I ride my without a washer till I get one?

|

6/22/2017 10:21 AM

Where on your bike is it missing from?

|

6/22/2017 11:04 AM

It goes directly onto the sprocket

|

6/22/2017 11:05 AM

This one is not the correct size

|

6/22/2017 11:21 AM

Photo
Does it look like this?
|

6/22/2017 12:02 PM

Shredkink9 wrote: Photo
Does it look like this?

If it is this, you might be fine for a little bit. Granted, your sprocket will move around and mess stuff up. So get one as soon as possible.

|

6/22/2017 12:02 PM

FYI it's called a hat washer

|

6/22/2017 1:21 PM

I would avoid riding without to avoid damaging your sprocket (which WILL happen)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2017 3:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I would avoid riding without to avoid damaging your sprocket (which WILL happen)

100%

Tried to explain that to my son and he destroyed his sprocket in a week

|

6/22/2017 4:09 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

100%

It wouldn't matter, because I have a new sprocket coming in. This one's a little bit rusty

|

6/22/2017 4:40 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

100%

Sackou_Gregory wrote:

It wouldn't matter, because I have a new sprocket coming in. This one's a little bit rusty

It could still matter-as it could damage your spindle (rust tells me a steel sprocket).

It could also warp and wreck your chain, or cause intense tight spots that blow driver bearings out.

I would check locally for one. How have you been riding without it? Unless the sprocket you have is something YOU put on the bike?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2017 10:42 PM

Don't ride your bike without it. Your sprocket won't sit central, so, as Dave said, you'll have a really loose spot and a tight spot. The sprocket will wobble no matter how much you tighten the bolts. It's just a ball ache waiting to happen really

|

6/23/2017 5:31 AM

Sounds like a terrible idea. Hit your local bike shop and pay the $5 for a new one.

|

6/23/2017 9:34 AM

My old bike didnt have a top hat spacer on my sprocket and one day while riding the chain came off (happened a lot on the count my sprocket moved SO MUCH) and I crashed HARD AS HELL. This was 2 years ago and my knee has never been the same since. I'm never going without one of those again

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

6/23/2017 11:47 AM

Sprocket adapter. Some call it hat washer but make sure you get the right inner diamater size. "19 or 22mm"

|

6/24/2017 3:20 AM

Shredkink9 wrote: Photo
Does it look like this?
DanTheBikerMan wrote:

If it is this, you might be fine for a little bit. Granted, your sprocket will move around and mess stuff up. So get one as ...more

Yes

|